• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Parrot coughing after due to intubation

Karla2023

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Karla
My bird had recently a liver biopsy, she has this cough when she becomes active, playing or eating her pellets. It’s like she becomes out of breath. I was told that she was intubated. When I went to pick her up she was like this. I am not sure if it’s coughing or if it’s sneezing. I have had her on albuterol since Thursday of last week.
According to them she had also aspirated some formula. Not sure if this will go away. :(:crycry:

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
It takes time.

She has been improving , from what you have shared.

Think about a bruise you've had , and how long that takes to disappear. Sometimes it takes a couple of weeks tight?

It will take time for her body to repair. But you should keep seeing improvement.

Its important to meet her nutrition needs. And treat her original problem. Her body has a lot going on

Karla2023

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Karla
It takes time.

She has been improving , from what you have shared.

Think about a bruise you've had , and how long that takes to disappear. Sometimes it takes a couple of weeks tight?

It will take time for her body to repair. But you should keep seeing improvement.

Its important to meet her nutrition needs. And treat her original problem. Her body has a lot going on
hi @Pixiebeak my vet told me that this is not coughing is actually sneezing she is trying to clear her nose. I can see she has stuff in her nose that I have been cleaning it. I will give her a steamy bath today. And he also told me that due to the intubation her throat is a bit irritated.

Best regards,