• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Panting Cockatiel chicks.

heena17

Moving in
Video of panting so my pairdecided to become parents. They laid eggs in my cupboard and now I am having 3 chicks, 2 weeks old and 10 days old. But I am seeing that they are panting continuously. My father cockatiel is not well so he is kept in a different cage so only mother cockatiel is feeding them. I am not hand feeding as I am not at all experienced. Only female is taling care of them. Please help me. Room temperature is 28-30°C

Attachments

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
This doesn't address the issue but this site has helpful info on baby tiels in general: www.ask-noodles.com

MR. Mango

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award

BrianB

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
They are too hot. Birds don’t sweat when they overheat so they pant. Try to get them to a cooler place or at least get some air circulating on them.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Room temp may be around 28-30 but is there any chance the chicks are in a warmer spot?

It's about the right temp, if not a little on the cool side for their age, however if they are panting they are indeed too warm, so perhaps the area they are in is warmer than just 'room temp'. Can you cool the room down a couple of degrees and see how well they do?

BirdG1rl

Real Name
Mara M.M
Poor chicks! They must be roasting! I would suggest moving them to a cooler place. Make sure to keep them hydrated!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Can you cool the room down a couple of degrees and see how well they do?
@heena17 You can go as low as 25C
Double check your humidity too, try keeping it between 60-65
You can also offer some natural unsweetened coconut water on a small spoon for them for hydration.

heena17

Moving in
Yes today
I think heat is the issue. Can you move them to a cooler area?

Yes today the weather is good outside so the room is bit cooler than yesterday. They are panting less today but still panting sometimes.

heena17

Moving in
Ok. I will try. I am very much scared about hand feeding as i am not experienced. Today the weather is better so they are panting less

heena17

Moving in
Ok. I will try. I am very much scared about hand feeding as i am not experienced. Today the weather is better so they are panting less
Quote Reply

heena17

Moving in
They are just in cage so i do not know why they are feeling warm unless the weather is the issue. But today they are panting less as weather is better. But still pants sometimes
Room temp may be around 28-30 but is there any chance the chicks are in a warmer spot?

It's about the right temp, if not a little on the cool side for their age, however if they are panting they are indeed too warm, so perhaps the area they are in is warmer than just 'room temp'. Can you cool the room down a couple of degrees and see how well they do?