• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

NOT AGAIN

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
It's too bad she didn't come to you before something got her foot but she must have did like I said and stayed with the small song bird flocks in the area so she had food and enough warmth to hang in there then something must have grabbed her foot but she escaped and just kept going and realized the bird house you put out was a safe place to hide, stay out of the weather and heal. She'll be very grateful to you in her own way and should adapt and be happy in your flock or a great home you choose, good on you.

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
The Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Silver Polka-Dot Zucchini is COMING HOME TODAY!!!

I'm going to pick her up from the vet tonight and bring her back with me. :swoon: I'm so happy!

Nikomania

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I kinda like the name tiny tiel, too!

So thrilled that you're bringing her home today! You absolutely MUST post more pictures once she's home!:)

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think I'm leaning towards Keiko, but she's definitely going to be the 'Tiel Of Many Nicknames. :D
Java was almost named Pirate lol, my grandma says all he needs is an eye patch, a peg, and a pirate on his shoulder lol
I thought Forrest Stump was cute but Java suits him better. Or Lt. Dan. My mom wants to call him Peg-Leg when I get his prosthetic. I told her no way! Then my grandma suggested Hobbs (short for Hobble). Family's great, huh lol

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've never heard that one before. If only they knew how challenging, and sometimes draining, it really is.
It literally makes me SO MAD. Three-legged dogs are the favourite, but any disabled animal can work. It's like "hey look at me I adopted this animal even though it's broken I'm a HERO".

UUUUUUUUGH :madwife:

Then of course they end up back at the shelter because yes, Susan, just because that border collie has three legs, he's still a high energy herding breed, not a couch potato. :mad2:

Last edited:

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Java was almost named Pirate lol, my grandma says all he needs is an eye patch, a peg, and a pirate on his shoulder lol
I thought Forrest Stump was cute but Java suits him better. Or Lt. Dan. My mom wants to call him Peg-Leg when I get his prosthetic. I told her no way! Then my grandma suggested Hobbs (short for Hobble). Family's great, huh lol
LIEUTENANT DAN LMAOOO

Those names are SO cute. But Java definitely fits him perfectly. :swoon:

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It literally makes me SO MAD. Three-legged dogs are the favourite, but any disabled animal can work. It's like "hey look at me I adopted this animal even though it's broken I'm a HERO".

UUUUUUUUGH :madwife:

Then of course they end up back at the shelter because yes, Susan, just because that border collie has three legs, he's still a high energy herding breed, not a couch potato. :mad2:

Having a disabled animal is anything but glorious. The human race makes me want to exit the planet sometimes.

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Having a disabled animal is anything but glorious. The human race makes me want to exit the planet sometimes.
Seriously. Just Kamara alone can be extremely difficult to keep safe, and she still has both of her feet. I'm honestly reeling and frantic about whether or not I'm going to be able to actually help this poor little cockatiel. :sad9: I keep wondering whether it wouldn't be in her best interests to find her a more suitable home. Special needs pets aren't fun toys to show off for brownie points.

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Seriously. Just Kamara alone can be extremely difficult to keep safe, and she still has both of her feet. I'm honestly reeling and frantic about whether or not I'm going to be able to actually help this poor little cockatiel. :sad9: I keep wondering whether it wouldn't be in her best interests to find her a more suitable home. Special needs pets aren't fun toys to show off for brownie points.
You can do it! That little tiel needs a home with someone who won't give up on her. There aren't many people who would do what you've done thus far, especially for a bird that is often viewed as less valuable than a 'real' bird. She needs you.