• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My little flock of 4

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Wow, do your birds still get enough sleep with them getting up that early? Are you putting them to bed earlier?
I am often up having coffee at that time of the morning but all my birds are still sleeping and if I am too noisy and wake them they grumble lol.

Your alarm sounds just like the one my mum sets for herself except your alarm wakes you and her alarm just wakes me if I am actually asleep :laugh:

I gotta ask cos it interests me... why 4:44 instead of 4:45?

sootling

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ollie (he/they)
Wow, do your birds still get enough sleep with them getting up that early? Are you putting them to bed earlier?
I have been putting them to bed at 4-5 every night (it’s 6-7 in the summer), because that’s when the sun starts setting here, and no amount of artificial light can keep them from being exhausted as the sun sets. They’re just less active in the winter in general. As for waking up, they wake up at 5:45 or so. I just need an extra hour beforehand to do things like cleaning, refilling foraging toys, moving perches, taking a shower, and just whatever I need to do in the morning. Without the constant intrusion of Rainbow Chickens :lol:
I gotta ask cos it interests me... why 4:44 instead of 4:45?
My whole life, I’ve had a thing about numbers. Any time that has all 1 number is lucky to me. 11:11, for example. It’s also partially due to being neuro-divergent and therefore not understanding why there are “ideal” numbers for a lot of people, such as 11:30, as opposed to 11:31. So I see no reason to change it!

sootling

Real Name
Ollie (he/they)
I have all week off for Thanksgiving, though, which is great! SO MUCH time to spend with the birbies!!!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I have been putting them to bed at 4-5 every night (it’s 6-7 in the summer), because that’s when the sun starts setting here, and no amount of artificial light can keep them from being exhausted as the sun sets. They’re just less active in the winter in general. As for waking up, they wake up at 5:45 or so. I just need an extra hour beforehand to do things like cleaning, refilling foraging toys, moving perches, taking a shower, and just whatever I need to do in the morning. Without the constant intrusion of Rainbow Chickens :lol:

My whole life, I’ve had a thing about numbers. Any time that has all 1 number is lucky to me. 11:11, for example. It’s also partially due to being neuro-divergent and therefore not understanding why there are “ideal” numbers for a lot of people, such as 11:30, as opposed to 11:31. So I see no reason to change it!
I wondered if it was a number preference :)

If I set alarms they have to be in either 10 or 15 min increments- so it would have to be 4:40 or preferably 4:45.
I remember being really little and not sleeping well and my nan and I would watch the digital clock for it to say certain combinations of numbers such as all the same number or 12:34, 2:46 that type of thing.
I have number rules for lots of silly things which my mum does not understand but my son and some friends mess with for their own amusement lmao- it is apparently hilarious to some people to change my car temperature as that always has to be on even numbers and it is duel control so my son will put it on odds on his side of the car or alter it by half a degree which drives me mad having the .5 instead of a whole even number, they do the same for the radio volume as I have certain numbers that has to be on.

sootling

Real Name
Ollie (he/they)
I have number rules for lots of silly things which my mum does not understand but my son and some friends mess with for their own amusement lmao- it is apparently hilarious to some people to change my car temperature as that always has to be on even numbers and it is duel control so my son will put it on odds on his side of the car or alter it by half a degree which drives me mad having the .5 instead of a whole even number, they do the same for the radio volume as I have certain numbers that has to be on.
That must be pretty annoying! I wonder how many other parrot people have rules for "silly things"... I mean, as a group, we seem to have a lot of non-parrot-related things in common!