• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

My cockatiel fell and is limping and won't move! HELP!!!! (sad update #16)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am very sorry for your loss. If you click this link, Bird Emergency Highway 911 , it will take you to the emergency section. On the right, over the list of threads, there is a button "ignore forum". If you click that, threads in this section will not be seen by you.

Feather

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
I am so sorry you had to deal with a family member being so outdated and cruel and that Mochi had to suffer and die for her prideful ignorance.

I got my starling for free. That didn't stop me from paying a $360 vet bill just two days ago. Vet care is part of the cost of an animal - every bit as much as buying the cage, toys, food and all else.
I hope you and your family will remember that in the future, and that you don't get another pet until that is firmly understood by all who have a say in that animal's care.

Sorry for your loss. :sadhug:

birdcatdog

Moving in
I am so sorry you had to deal with a family member being so outdated and cruel and that Mochi had to suffer and die for her prideful ignorance.

I got my starling for free. That didn't stop me from paying a $360 vet bill just two days ago. Vet care is part of the cost of an animal - every bit as much as buying the cage, toys, food and all else.
I hope you and your family will remember that in the future, and that you don't get another pet until that is firmly understood by all who have a say in that animal's care.

Sorry for your loss. :sadhug:
I don't think it was being cruel, more of that she suspected that something was wrong with him from the beginning and knew he wasn't going to make it. She may have thought that it wouldn't be worth going all the way there since the transportation may have stressed him out and caused him to pass away earlier. Wish she would've told us earlier though.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I am very sorry for your loss.

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
The fall probably caused a brain bleed from the symptoms you described. This is why the wings should NEVER be cut and birds should always be flighted. If he had his wings, he would have probably landed OK.

I am so sorry for your loss. We all learn from every mistake we make. And I have made plenty of my own. I, too, lost a beloved bird to a crash injury.

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I don't think it was being cruel, more of that she suspected that something was wrong with him from the beginning and knew he wasn't going to make it. She may have thought that it wouldn't be worth going all the way there since the transportation may have stressed him out and caused him to pass away earlier. Wish she would've told us earlier though.
It is cruel to deny a bird (or any animal) the treatment that they need. It’s always “worth” it, even if they don’t make it. If he had been taken right away, he might’ve made it, but no one will ever know now. It’s just a “didn’t even try”, which is not acceptable for someone who has taken on the responsibility of caring for an animal. :sad8:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorry for your loss.