• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Moving birds to aviary?

Birdman696

Meeting neighbors
So I have 4 Budgies and 2 cockatiels, they’ve lived inside all of their lives for the most part. I’m thinking about moving them to a aviary, nothing too big or fancy, I was just wondering how could I make the transition to an aviary for the bird? The birds aren’t really tame, and are rather skittish so I think they would have more fun away from the humans and outside, I was also wondering if they could all be housed together, only 3 of the budgies will be going out as I’m keeping one inside because he isn’t as close to the other budgies and is really tame, he lets me pat his face and under his wings, I’m just working on getting him to step onto my finger. So can 2 cockatiels and 3 budgies be housed together? My 2 cockatiels previously lived for about a year with one of the budgies, and never had any problems, they’re both very relaxed. Also would it be possible to possibly add more budgies? Or even finches?