• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Linnies or budgies compares to cockatiels

UwU alien

Moving in
You can answer any questions you know the answers for
What are some care and behaviour differences that linnies and budgies have compared to cockatiels?
Do any budgie mutations have pink feathers?
How to find adoption centres like rescues or shelters that have birds. I didn't get many results in my city when i searched for them on google.

UwU alien

Moving in
:duck::duck:You can answer any questions you know the answers for
What are some care and behaviour differences that linnies and budgies have compared to cockatiels? My parents and I have had 8 fish and 2 cockatiels throughout my life, so cockatiels are the only bird species I am very familiar with, for behaviours.
Do any budgie mutations have pink feathers?
How to find adoption centres like rescues or shelters that have birds. I didn't get many results in my city when i searched for them on google.

Scorpi0

Jogging around the block
Where are you located?

As for budgies with pink mutations, there is the Bourke’s parakeet. They have pink feathers and look like budgies, but they are actually a different species. So theyre not actually budgies.

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'll let others chime in about budgies and cockatiels.

Here's my post about my 6 year old Gigi. This might give you an idea of what you can expect from a well socialized healthy female Linnie. She's a joy.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
You can do a search on Petfinder or Petestablished for rescues near you.

I don't have any linnie experience. Cockatiels are generally pretty laid back birds. Males can be really good whistlers and talk a little. Females usually don't talk or whistle. Females tend to be a bit more of snuggle bugs but I took care of a male that was the snuggliest bird I ever met. So, you never know. In general, they aren't "loud". Budgies "chatter" more that whistle but some budgies can be great talkers. I think it can take longer to tame a budgie just because so many come from "bird mills", but they can be tamed with some patience and are fun little birds. I like to see them kept in pairs as I think they do better with a buddy.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!

UwU alien

Moving in
Where are you located?

As for budgies with pink mutations, there is the Bourke’s parakeet. They have pink feathers and look like budgies, but they are actually a different species. So theyre not actually budgies.
I wasn't asking about bourke's parakeets, but just about pink feathers on budgies. I live in Calgary, canada

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I wasn't asking about bourke's parakeets, but just about pink feathers on budgies. I live in Calgary, canada
No, budgies aren't pink. The only birds off the top of my head that are pink are bourkes, as mentioned, Galahs and Major Mitchell Cockatoos.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Budgies are wonderful & chatty!

UwU alien

Moving in
No, budgies aren't pink. The only birds off the top of my head that are pink are bourkes, as mentioned, Galahs and Major Mitchell Cockatoos.
I can think of many birb species who can be pink who aren't parrots. One day I thought I saw a picture online of a budgie with a small patch of pink feathers on the head or neck

soundsfun

Walking the driveway
What you may have seen was a pink dye - breeders or pet stores sometimes mark budgies to help identify them or tell them apart. Budgies don’t naturally come in pink!

I highly recommend checking out “The Good, The Bad, The Ugly” threads pinned in each of the budgie, linnie and tiel subforums. Those threads give you a good idea what each species is like.