• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Java isn't doing well

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
Sending loads of hugs, lots of love and prayers and good thoughts for both you and Java.
The one thing I will add is stick to fruit flavored tums. My old vet told me that something in mint flavored ones aren't good for feathered friends.

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Does he always vomit WHILE he's eating? Or is it sometimes when he's not?
Mostly while he's eating though yesterday he was playing with his toys and started vomiting but only a little came up. Then it stopped.

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sending you and Java lots of love! I hope you can find out why he's vomiting.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Mostly while he's eating though yesterday he was playing with his toys and started vomiting but only a little came up. Then it stopped.
Hopefully that means he's starting to turn the corner. With your vet and all the advice here I think you'll get him sorted out soon enough as otherwise he's doing good.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
These are also the symptoms of a chronic condition like a growth of some kind that has now evolved to the point of causing obstruction/blockage. Something to consider and suggest investigation. Java's history, his handicap all play a role. I can't remember if you had xrays or an ultrasound done?

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
These are also the symptoms of a chronic condition like a growth of some kind that has now evolved to the point of causing obstruction/blockage. Something to consider and suggest investigation. Java's history, his handicap all play a role. I can't remember if you had xrays or an ultrasound done?
I really hope there isn't a growth or something of that nature. He had an X-ray done and Dr. Dixon said everything looked normal. We didn't do an ultrasound but that is something I'll bring up when he calls me with the test results for the PDD.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I really hope there isn't a growth or something of that nature. He had an X-ray done and Dr. Dixon said everything looked normal. We didn't do an ultrasound but that is something I'll bring up when he calls me with the test results for the PDD.
Maybe it's something as simple as yeast... One step, one second, one day @ a time Hon!

Miss Annamarie

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Annamarie
Praying for you guys..

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Just got off the phone with Dr. Dixon and Java tested positive for PDD. Dr. Dixon said this is the fourth time he's done this test and he's gotten a false positive before. So he wants to start Java on an injection once a week for 3 weeks. If he responds to the injection then that'll tell him definitively if he has the disease and then we'll go from there. If he doesn't respond to the injection then he'll put him on Celebrex probably for the rest of his life.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Just got off the phone with Dr. Dixon and Java tested positive for PDD. Dr. Dixon said this is the fourth time he's done this test and he's gotten a false positive before. So he wants to start Java on an injection once a week for 3 weeks. If he responds to the injection then that'll tell him definitively if he has the disease and then we'll go from there. If he doesn't respond to the injection then he'll put him on Celebrex probably for the rest of his life.
OH NO!!! I am so sorry to hear this, and I can only hope that maybe this is an error again! Bless your heart, you must be worried sick. Hugs and prayers to both you and Java sweetie.

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
OH NO!!! I am so sorry to hear this, and I can only hope that maybe this is an error again! Bless your heart, you must be worried sick. Hugs and prayers to both you and Java sweetie.
Thank you. I honestly wasn't expecting to get a positive result. I truly hope it's wrong.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Well as most of us with animals with things that seem to happen and are the known/unknown possibility, one day at a time. I know I like how your Vet appears to be approaching this. Sounds like a great Vet you have. I would surely not get too upset until you honestly know. And with your care, Java Bean will be just fine! Hugs to you Brittany, you are a great birdie Momma.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Hang in there!

Status
Not open for further replies.