• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I'm about to be a foster mama!

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm no expert, but that sounded small even to me! :jawdrop1:

:( Poor, sweet Hazel.

:innocent::ashamed3:
Hazel is claimed by one of my late pet mice, but it's still so pretty! You funny :embarassed:

I was thinking maaaaybe Saoirse? I love me some classic Irish names. I'm trying to avoid giving her a dessert name because she's not mine. :lol:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Dessert name? o_O Like what & why not?

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Dessert name? o_O Like what & why not?
I have a plan of naming all my future snakes after sweets and desserts (ex. Banana Cream Pie, Cookies & Cream, Lemon Meringue, etc.)
When I first met her, my initial name ideas were Coffee Cake, Caramel and Butterscotch. But since she's my foster, I must resist!

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I have a plan of naming all my future snakes after sweets and desserts (ex. Banana Cream Pie, Cookies & Cream, Lemon Meringue, etc.)
When I first met her, my initial name ideas were Coffee Cake, Caramel and Butterscotch. But since she's my foster, I must resist!
Then "Bananas Foster" might be a suitable nickname. :cantwait:

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Then "Bananas Foster" might be a suitable nickname. :cantwait:
That's so cute!! Omg

I really really hope that this sweet girl gets a good home. Snakes seem to have a harder time of it than other species; the last boa was eventually given up to the zoo because even with a reduced fee no one would adopt him. There's also a massive python who's been at the shelter for ages because he came in underfed, just like this girl. She's not even going to be up for adoption until she's a healthier weight, but I can't and won't powerfeed her because it's dangerous, and can only try my best to help her gradually. Plus she's twenty, and everyone wants babies.

But I will do my very very best by her until she finds her forever home!

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Maybe Peanut Butter as I have a feelin she is going to stick around...:dance4::rofl:
:coffeescreen:Perfect! Peanut (right color & non-dessert name) for short!

I call our Dane mix "Peanut" because we think she may have a peanut allergy, but it's extra cute on a 100+ lb dog. :smuggrin: Would be super cute on a snek.

Cute video I found about "sneks". :laughing2: Sounds like your girl qualifies as a boop noodle. :joyful:

Last edited:

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:penguinlaughs:I'll try to keep an open mind but you two just look good together...You will have to make sure no birds become dinner...

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
:coffeescreen:Perfect! Peanut (right color & non-dessert name) for short!

I call our Dane mix "Peanut" because we think she may have a peanut allergy, but it's extra cute on a 100+ lb dog. :smuggrin: Would be super cute on a snek.

Cute video I found about "sneks". :laughing2: Sounds like your girl qualifies as a boop noodle. :joyful:
I'm ashamed to say that this is EXACTLY how my snake-loving friends and I talk. :lol:
Oh she is definitely a boop noodle. And a big thicc boi. :D I love her.

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
:penguinlaughs:I'll try to keep an open mind but you two just look good together...You will have to make sure no birds become dinner...
Oh don't worry, my herps and birds are kept on opposite sides of the house as it is since I'm hyper vigilant about salmonella. Honestly my major concern is for my cat, although this princess snek isn't a quarter of the size she'd need to be to pose a threat, AND I don't even handle her when he's in the room. I lock him out of the living room entirely but I'm still so aware of the nonexistent danger at all times. :rolleyes:

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Well, have to admit...she's much friendlier than the higo brook...nice to have one you can hang around your neck!

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Got to admit...I'm not into snakes but I like her. She's mellow & you can carry her around instead of lifting weights>>> Guard snake too...LOL

I really think she is your snake more than the Higo but you see how you feel & do the best thing for them...

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Got to admit...I'm not into snakes but I like her. She's mellow & you can carry her around instead of lifting weights>>> Guard snake too...LOL

I really think she is your snake more than the Higo but you see how you feel & do the best thing for them...
Oh believe me, I ADORE him too. He's such a funny little character, he just needs someone to work with him after being left in his tank for years. I've handled him a few times and while he's nowhere near as chill as the big girlie, he's not overtly aggressive. He has a hyper sensitive strike response, but that's because the only interaction he's had for ages is someone opening his door to dangle a mouse in his face, and now he recognises that any time the door opens, it's time to eat, and anything that moves is fair game.

He's a good boy. He just needs some TLC.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Interesting...I've always thought them to be untamable...but seeing her...I always thought they'd rather be crawled up on some rock but seems they can interact with you & enjoy you being their rock! LOL

KatelynDeanne

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katelyn
Pretty boa! Im glad your getting to foster her! I wish I could have a boa :( We cant bring any more animals in our rental house and already have too many if you include my ball pythons. Cant wait to see how this goes!