• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

I'm about to be a foster mama!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
She has to stay as she fits all the criteria for being given a permanent spot at your home.....she’s old, she was done wrong by, she has special needs and now a special person to provide them....she can’t go anywhere now!
Ooooh, she's right! 4316.gif

:popcorn2: Imma just keep watching this here thread for a bit.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Well of course there is always a choice but she just fits so well around your neck & she really seems to be at "home"...When is just one more too much...you have to decide but I think she loves you as much as you love her...

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award

Make sure he does not have a change of heart & want peanut butter!
Oh, he has zero chance of getting her back. The second he abandoned her, he forfeited all rights to her and she was legally signed over to us. The only thing he gets now is fines and (hopefully) jail time. He'll also be blacklisted as a potential adopter for the rest of his life.

Last edited:

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hehehe, she’s going nowhere!!!

She belongs with you as you both just look so comfortable together and no one will look after her as well as you will.

Stop pretending you’ll be able to give her up, lol ....your adoption application papers will the first ones (and likely the only ones) the rescue receives for her.

She has to stay as she fits all the criteria for being given a permanent spot at your home.....she’s old, she was done wrong by, she has special needs and now a special person to provide them....she can’t go anywhere now!

Congratulations:)
Ooooh, she's right! View attachment 303937

:popcorn2: Imma just keep watching this here thread for a bit.
Well of course there is always a choice but she just fits so well around your neck & she really seems to be at "home"...When is just one more too much...you have to decide but I think she loves you as much as you love her...
If I ever foster again I think I better keep it a secret. :laughin:

She definitely does fit right in, though. She's such a little charmer, all I ever want to do is loop her over my shoulders as I go about my day. :swoon:

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've been googling around for Peanut Butter's morph, since she's clearly not a wild type and I'm not as versed in boa morphs as other species, and as it turns out, she's a hypo too! An orange-tail hypo, I thiiiink.

I've got hypo snake twins! :D

Last edited:

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Wow, I see her more like Grand Dame Peanut Butter!!! So she's a extra special roasted hypo...
She took a long time gettin to the nutty goodness///

sorry but some things are just meant to be secret or not...We're not telling you anything you don;t already know!:rofl:

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I've been googling around for Peanut Butter's morph, since she's clearly not a wild type and I'm not as versed in boa morphs as other species, and as it turns out, she's a hypo too! An orange-tail hypo, I thiiiink.

I've got hypo snake twins! :D

Seems if shes central american bloodline they don't grow as large....Whatever she's Special!!
Locality & Color Morph Boa constrictors & selectively Bred Ball Pythons Color & Pattern Morphs, Cutting Edge Herpetological Inc. Orangetail Hypomelanistic Boas

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
What color are her eyes? I can't see them unless they are very light or maybe they are closed in the photo??? I usually see dark eyes.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I think i found her...Look at the markings!!!

Super hypo...looks like yours & grows only to 6 ft but Peanut looks bigger

Hows's this"
Super Chunky Peanut Butter!!!

Looks like the eyes are light too but this one moves her head so fast.

OH hypo is dominant so one gene for it will produce a visual hypo. A super hypo had nothe parents that were super hypo so they have 2 hypo genes & will produce all hypo babies when bread...So its for breeding that a super hypo is valuable..

ITs a hypo though & they have light eyes...like a cats...not black...Very Nice!!!

Last edited:

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think i found her...Look at the markings!!!

Super hypo...looks like yours & grows only to 6 ft but Peanut looks bigger

Hows's this"
Super Chunky Peanut Butter!!!

Looks like the eyes are light too but this one moves her head so fast.

OH hypo is dominant so one gene for it will produce a visual hypo. A super hypo had nothe parents that were super hypo so they have 2 hypo genes & will produce all hypo babies when bread...So its for breeding that a super hypo is valuable..

ITs a hypo though & they have light eyes...like a cats...not black...Very Nice!!!

Beautiful! You could very well be right!
Lady Peanut Butter has light eyes with a dark stripe, so they're perfectly camouflaged with her face.

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:heart: shes beautiful & deserved to be treasured...shes waited a long time!

Sorry but she like eve has captured me & I want her! :rofl:

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
20 years!!! She could be one of the original hypos as they came about in 1997!!!

They call the females Dame you know...She may be the Gran Dame...

Maybe they used her as a breeder to make snakettes & now they have enough so need for her?
You don;t want someone to take her just to breed...

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
20 years!!! She could be one of the original hypos as they came about in 1997!!!

They call the females Dame you know...She may be the Gran Dame...

Maybe they used her as a breeder to make snakettes & now they have enough so need for her?
You don;t want someone to take her just to breed...
How about Empress? :D

That's amazing!! I always forget how new the herp community is.

Thankfully you have to sign a contract when adopting that says you won't breed. Of course, shady people will be shady...

riddick07

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
She’s definitely hypo and I don’t see any Central American influence. Super Hypo isn’t uncommon and isn’t worth more than most hypos unless they have been proven through breeding and even then they have to be quality to be worth real money. Orange tail is a line of Hypo but without documentation can’t be claimed. Hypos are honestly a dime a dozen even though your new foster looks like a nice clean one with some decent coloration!

She honestly looks perfectly healthy and not skinny at all. Most people grossly overfeed boas. She looks like a loaf of bread/boxed off and muscle tone which is a sign of a healthy boa. I’d be surprised if she’s actually anywhere near 20 and is most likely way younger & a good size. 40 isn’t a common age for boas to get to even though they technically can. Mid 20s is a more common lifespan if the boa hasn’t been fed to death.

Also boas are generally smaller than people imagine them haha. You can get some real big ones but average is actually 6-8ft for them. And Boa constrictor imperator have been upgraded into their own species they are now just Boa imperator.