• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

how long does it take a bird to recognise you?

niamhk

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Niamh Kempton
So my hair has been purple for a while now and my hair before was a light brown. Today i bleached my hair since i’m dying it a new. colour on monday.
the only bird that recognises me and is ok with me is my conure Emi. Koji and Kiya my cockatiels both won’t go near me which is not normal for Koji. Hiro my indian ringneck is flying around the room if i get too close and he doesn’t want me near him. How long does it last because i feel so bad for them!

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
I have a shirt that is black and has embroidered bees on it. Neptune flew to me one day and suddenly freaked out and did the warning trill. He was terrified of the bee graphic.

So now that shirt is a NOT around the birds shirt.

My plumhead, Pi, is afraid of most of my shoes. So NO shoes! I rarely wear shoes in the house, cept when I am headed out the door and I forget something from the kitchen or something...so it is an easy rule. Luckily he doesn't mind socks and he loves toes... He tolerates slippers but he is suspicious of them.

I haven't painted my nails in a long time because one day Neptune flew away from my painted nail and I felt so bad that he was afraid.

Hats are a super easy fix for Koji! :)

The things we do for our little ones :heart2:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I have certain clothes that will make my birds freak out too. It took them a while to get used to my glasses.. now they all want to touch my glasses.

Mantis64

Rollerblading along the road
I shaved myself bald and my ringneck was terrified of me and did his warning calls after sitting thier for 5 minutes or so and talking to him I'm guessing he recognised my voice because he was fine with me after.

birdy.929

Walking the driveway
my lovebird only likes me if my nails are painted black! one day i came in with no nail polish on and he attacked my hand when i asked him to step up. I guess my nails will be painted forever now!

niamhk

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Niamh Kempton
I dyed my hair using my hair dye that came and they were all unsure of me for that day but the next day they were fine!! soooo lucky about that! so note to self i can never go blonde haha