• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Help! My female cockatiel is making strange and concerning noises!

Scootie

Checking out the neighborhood
As of this morning, Cicero started making these weird ''snotty/clicking'' and ''hiccup'' sounds. I have no clue as to what they are or if she's in any danger. I'm worried that maybe she's sick or has something caught in her throat. However, her poop is normal and she doesn't really have the typical sick bird symptoms aside from being a little tired (which both my birds are at the moment). She's eating and drinking fine, I'm just worried and wanted to make sure that she's ok. If anyone knows what's happening, PLEASE tell me

I've attached some videos below so you can hear the strange noises she makes.
(Hiccups)
(Strange beak shake)
(Clicking, Hiccups)

Sylvi_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
Definitely something abnormal going on with her breathing. Vet visit time!
Respiratory infections are pretty common and will need a round of antibiotics to clear up.

Scootie

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi everyone, thank you for replying :heart:

I checked up on her this morning and she's returned to normal. She isn't making those odd sounds anymore and is her usual energetic self again I will definitely be keeping a close eye on her and will take her to an avian vet if her symptoms return (my parents are quite reluctant to go to the vet unless something is noticeably wrong, which is unfortunate.) or if she otherwise seems sick. Again, thank you for taking the time to reply as I was in a panic yesterday and getting some advice was very helpful.

Cicero thanks you all too!

Last edited:

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
I agree with the others.... get her to the vet!

Just because she *APPEARS* better, doesn't mean she isn't sick. I've had one of my tiels appear "off" for a day but was completely back to normal the following day. I still took her to the vet and an infection was found.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I agree, it looks like it’s time for the vet. I hope it’s something easy to treat!