• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

HELP Is Pinot a normal Green Cheek?

ChromeClad

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Chrome
Hey guys!

So, Pinot is doing great in his new home with me, but I had a few questions in regards to green cheeks.

Pinot is much larger than average, and his head shape seems different than most green cheeks (he weighs 98 grams but vet said he was healthy, keel was flush)
His colouration seems completely normal but I can’t help but wonder if he’s mixed with something else?

He’s generally very quiet outside of squeaking noises and a weird call that sounds like a ribbit.

I measured him today and found out he was almost 30 cm from head to tail... he just sounds much larger than a normal green cheek. Obviously I’ll love him just the same! Just curious on what others opinions may be?

Attachments

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Average is 26 cm long and 60 to 80 grams... However I've known green cheeks as small as 54g and as big as 110g. Averages are just averages :) your boy looks like a green cheeked conure from that angle and description :)

15huricane

Moving in
Oh yeah. He's roughly the same size as my 4 month old GCC Cortez. He's doing just fine. Just a little larger than average.

The coloration looks normal. GCCs can have several different color differences. One of mine is pineapple and my other one has cinnamon colorations.

Those "ribbits" are also quite normal. It's how mine communicate with each other when they're curious about something. If one finds a weird toy, it'll ribbit to the other to come check it out.

He's a real cutie btw. Gl!