• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hello bird lovers

Jetdrip459

Moving in
hello Iv joined this website to learn more about birds and get help with mine I have a cockotiel and sun conure I actutally joined because my sun conure all of a sudden won't step up out of his cage the past few days but did it once yesterday for a little bit but he still goes to the side of the cage tords me if I'm in that part of the room any help would be very helpful :)

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Welcome to AA. Your conure is cute. What is his/her name?
Did something scare him?

Jetdrip459

Moving in
Thank you for the welcoming and His names dipper I'm not sure if anything scared him nothing new atleast the only thing that I'm considering is when I got him the person told me if he won't come out of the cage pick him up and I did that the first few months I had him then stopped after I read online that it's not good to do that.

Leonora

Sitting on the front steps
Welcome!

I don't know much about birds already, so I'm sorry I can't give any advice... But I do hope you'll find a solution with your lovely Dipper! That's a cute little guy!

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
welcome

Jetdrip459

Moving in
Thank you a lot it's sad he's my little buddy and always with me and won't come out but still acts happy

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome to the forum! Can you put just outside of his cage door and hang a toy or treat buy it and see if he'll come out on his own? What you read is right, it's not really good to grab them.

Jetdrip459

Moving in
Thank you sunnysmom and yeah he comes out of the cage if I leave it open it's actually funny I just got home maybe a hour ago or so and I reached my hand in and he stepped up I placed him on top of his cage and he's playing and eating he also spent about 5 minutes also in my jacket looking around while I did laundry so I don't know any more I also have a question if there out of the cage and won't step up should I force them to step up or just let them be? Thank you for the reply by the way

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome, and enjoy the site!