• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hair Straightener

je0409

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
jadie
Does anyone know if the Marquee Hair Straightener is safe? I don't straighten my hair, but my preteen little sister is spending the night with me and is insistent that she HAS to straigten her hair (preteen things lol). It's marketed as a ceramic hair straightener and I would make her use it in the bathroom with the fan on, but I just wanted some further advice before I let her use it. Thanks in advance!! :))

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
I think since it's ceramic, it should be safe? But I can't say for sure, I have no idea.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
In the bathroom with the door closed and fan on and stay in there for long enough to let the fumes be extracted by the fan once the straightener is turned off, same for hairdryer if one is used.

Ceramic coated non stick does not mean safe very often at all... nearly all of the non stick applications still need to use PTFEs to stick the coatings on, there are literally less than a handful of truly safe non stick appliances as most still use the PTFEs for stone and ceramic non stick.

je0409

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
jadie
In the bathroom with the door closed and fan on and stay in there for long enough to let the fumes be extracted by the fan once the straightener is turned off, same for hairdryer if one is used.

Ceramic coated non stick does not mean safe very often at all... nearly all of the non stick applications still need to use PTFEs to stick the coatings on, there are literally less than a handful of truly safe non stick appliances as most still use the PTFEs for stone and ceramic non stick.
thank you for your reply!! I personally don't use anything nonstick in my home, but this 12 year old is having a meltdown about not being able to do her hair lol. I'll make sure she does it safely. Thank you for the peace of mind!