• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Gender and Age?

TinnyJ

Moving in
Real Name
Tinny
Hey everyone!
I got 2 new little babies a couple of weeks ago. We called them Bing (yellow head) and Bong (blue tummy) after the TV show Tiny planets. I love them soooo much! The lady I got them from told me they were both around 9 weeks old, however I feel Bing is a lot older than Bong? I also can’t tell their age! So if someone could help me identify their approximate age and gender that would be so amazing

Attachments

Elysian

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Looks like two boys to me. I would agree the yellow headed one is a little older though.
@Ripshod

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
No head bars so neither one looks like a baby.

tinyparrot

Sitting on the front steps
I feel pretty confident Bing is a boy. The other one may be a bit too young to say.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
In that light they both look like young boys. I'd like to see them both in natural daylight to be sure though.

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Is anyone else seeing the blue sheen as I am? I'm still hesitant on this - don't want to be wrong.

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Nevermind. Just booted the old notebook with it's superior colour rendering and I do declare they're both boys, and that the yellowface is slightly older.

TinnyJ

Moving in
Real Name
Tinny
Nevermind. Just booted the old notebook with it's superior colour rendering and I do declare they're both boys, and that the yellowface is slightly older.
Thanks so much for your amazing help! I was hoping it was 2 boys so I didn’t have to worry about breeding.
How old would you approximately say Bing looks? I can see his white ring around his eye and he’s way larger than Bong!

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Bing is not more than 3 weeks older than Bong (great names BTW). I can just make out his still dark iris, so maybe you're mixing them up with the eyelids?

TinnyJ

Moving in
Real Name
Tinny
Thanks for the compliment on the names! I’ve had to explain them to a lot of people haha. I can kinda see a bit of a ring, however not sure what age that means!

Attachments

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Thanks for the compliment on the names! I’ve had to explain them to a lot of people haha. I can kinda see a bit of a ring, however not sure what age that means!
I don't think you are seeing the iris. To demonstrate I've borrowed an image from Budgies are awesome.
1000044163.jpg
That's an iris.
I believe what you're noticing is the budgie's nictitating membrane, a third eylid that helps keep the eye moist.