• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

For Those Who Want to Inform Others About 'THAT VENDOR"

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I just love that picture of the greater vasa...interesting parrots!
Thank you! I kindly asked Java to tell me all the secrets of his species, and all I got was a beak grind. I guess that's his way of saying," I'll never tell."

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
What's weird is she didn't delete everything just one post :shrug: Its her page she can do what she wants with it. But As far as I can see all the posts about WD were dead so why bring it back to the forefront... The whole way she operates on social media strikes me as very odd
Shannon agreed with me about her chances to get with the program in her lack of care with orders and her lies.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Thank you! I kindly asked Java to tell me all the secrets of his species, and all I got was a beak grind. I guess that's his way of saying," I'll never tell."
You have to share more pics brit, they are one of the most interesting parrots I have ever come across. There's three very unusual things these parrots do, that some people are not aware of...one, they prefer dust baths over water baths....second, their feathers can change coloration without actually molting, and third, about the only parrot I'm aware of that during mating, it can involve a copulatory tie. ( this usually happens with dogs and cats)....That can last up to 90 minutes.

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You have to share more pics brit, they are one of the most interesting parrots I have ever come across. There's three very unusual things these parrots do, that some people are not aware of...one, they prefer dust baths over water baths....second, their feathers can change coloration without actually molting, and third, about the only parrot I'm aware of that during mating, it can involve a copulatory tie. ( this usually happens with dogs and cats)....That can last up to 90 minutes.
I certainly will! I've also read somewhere that some Vasas have been observed burying their eggs like reptiles, and that the hen will whistle to her chicks to calm them down. I also read that the species (Greater and Lesser, even though Lesser has been classified as a separate species) will, sadly, likely end up going extinct (at least in the wild) within the next 50 years.

I have yet to see Java bathe in dust, mainly because he's suspicious of everything and prefers to stick to me when he's away from his cage. Anything that comes into his cage must be screamed at until it's removed. Aside from his nervous nature, I think a lot of times he just likes being dramatic. I'm learning his manipulative patterns lol

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I certainly will! I've also read somewhere that some Vasas have been observed burying their eggs like reptiles, and that the hen will whistle to her chicks to calm them down. I also read that the species (Greater and Lesser, even though Lesser has been classified as a separate species) will, sadly, likely end up going extinct (at least in the wild) within the next 50 years.

I have yet to see Java bathe in dust, mainly because he's suspicious of everything and prefers to stick to me when he's away from his cage. Anything that comes into his cage must be screamed at until it's removed. Aside from his nervous nature, I think a lot of times he just likes being dramatic. I'm learning his manipulative patterns lol
Yea I heard that too, that they bury their eggs. When I watched my friends vasa while he did training in coast guard reserves, he gave me a bag of like sand, fine dirt. I thought, what's this for....!? He said they like dust baths...
I thought no way! So I did it how he explained...put one of those pizza trays on the kitchen table. Filled it up level...
And away the vasa went! And to do it on kitchen table was a mistake!!! Made one God awful mess!!! Stick with water baths...lol...it's much cleaner!
But there's a lot to learn about those parrots, and I like learning about them.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
And the saga continues.....

Screenshot_20200116-235442_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20200116-235507_Facebook.jpg
Business as usual! Somethings never change.

Screenshot_20200116-235528_Facebook.jpg

Our guess is as good as hers! Still using coconut sugar. Yet sends out her pellets for analysis on fats and omega 3 and 6. Whoopee!

People are still asking for orders. All Facebook reviews that were negative are gone.

Update info only. ;)

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I have had two people this week contact me about her through AO FB
Not getting their products and then learning more about them
It will get her in the end. It's already happening. Word travels fast on the web.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
I know that sooner then later it will bite her in butt. PLEASE BE SOONER

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I care about her getting what's coming to her, but I care more about the birds eating that garbage.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I care about her getting what's coming to her, but I care more about the birds eating that garbage.
We all do! You don't become a mass food maker without proper consult and KNOWLEDGE!

People are seeing the lies, the lack of sending orders etc.

It's already begun. The sooner, the better then birds will be SAFE!

Last edited:

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
After this whole adventure of what we ALL have been thru on AA & WDs, the BBB certified situation (1 I once clamoured over) is meaning less & less to me personally. I guess in today's world it's about what a vendor/company pays for & not the endless onslaught of bad reviews... Good grief Charlie Brown, what IS it going to take? How many more birds are going to pass or get extremely ill?

:shrug2:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
After this whole adventure of what we ALL have been thru on AA & WDs, the BBB certified situation (1 I once clamoured over) is meaning less & less to me personally. I guess in today's world it's about what a vendor/company pays for & not the endless onslaught of bad reviews... Good grief Charlie Brown, what IS it going to take? How many more birds are going to pass or get extremely ill?

:shrug2:
She brought this on herself. Had she not filed to be accredited, then there would be no complaints! Meaning looking to LOOK GOOD! It goes to show you things brought on herself are backfiring!

Last edited:

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
Her being accredited with BBB is such boatload of shizz, the constant lies, BS that spills from her mouth. JMHO here, she is such POS has been since for years. I've WARNED everybody I know that owns birds to never to darken her door unless you want a sick bird or even worse.

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Her being accredited with BBB is such boatload of shizz, the constant lies, BS that spills from her mouth. JMHO here, she is such POS has been since for years. I've WARNED everybody I know that owns birds to never to darken her door unless you want a sick bird or even worse.
I've also informed my vet, I'm keeping her up to date on everything. When will this end? When will MM face the consequences of her actions? How many more must suffer?