• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

For Those Who Want to Inform Others About 'THAT VENDOR"

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I did not know that about the BBB.

I saw that she's still playing the "it's shipping tomorrow" game and poor souls are falling for it.

Also she's introduced a new food into her mix, shortening. :eek: She wrote that it's safe because it's made from red palm oil and something, coconut oil I think. This is pretty worrisome. I mean, it could be easily overdone. And there's some controversy about using it. Anddddd -- is it Walmart Brand???:roflmao: (sorry)

Plus I don't know how the (wet, thick) shortening is going to go on the (freeze dried) food. Mold, anyone?

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
She's so full of garbage! I need to read about "red" palm oil because regular is contributing to deforestation so I wonder if saying it's a different species is just a scam.

Birdie Mama

Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
@Zara Was thinking the same thing. Would not return as we don’t know what she does with it, probably passes it on to someone else’s poor babies. Make a note on the box that’s it’s bad so no one else finds it and gives it to birds or someone they know that has birds..garbage it, no one should come across this stuff!

Last edited:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
@Zara Was thinking the same thing. Would not return as we don’t know what she does with it, probably passes it on to someone else’s poor babies. Make a note on the box that’s it’s bad so no one else finds it and gives it to birds or someone they know that has birds..garbage it, no one should come across this stuff!
By not returning it she could open a claim with paypal and possibly have her charged again. She'll do anything unethical to hang on to your money.

Birdie Mama

Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Oh right ..forgot about that. Was thinking this way no one else would get that box of crap.
she seems to win no matter what! :extremeanger:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I did not know that about the BBB.

I saw that she's still playing the "it's shipping tomorrow" game and poor souls are falling for it.

Also she's introduced a new food into her mix, shortening. :eek: She wrote that it's safe because it's made from red palm oil and something, coconut oil I think. This is pretty worrisome. I mean, it could be easily overdone. And there's some controversy about using it. Anddddd -- is it Walmart Brand???:roflmao: (sorry)

Plus I don't know how the (wet, thick) shortening is going to go on the (freeze dried) food. Mold, anyone?
Walmart may well sell it...

People also ask
Is Red Palm Oil same as palm shortening?
Palm shortening is made from palm oil, an oil derived from the tropical palm tree (which is different from the coconut palm). ... Palm shortening is palm oil with some of the unsaturated fats removed so that it is even more stable and has a thick, luxurious texture that is perfect for baking.

For all anyone knows she is using Crisco.... I found this:

https://cookingchew.com/palm-shortening-substitute.html

Does Crisco have palm oil?
As of 2012, Crisco consists of a blend of soybean oil, fully hydrogenated palm oil, and partially hydrogenated palm and soybean oils.

Attachments

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Red palm oil and palm oil come from the same tree, Elaeis guineesis. I don't dispute that the red has caritenoids and additional health benefits, but being the same plant has to equal the same problem. Totally off topic of this thread, but I've been seeing red palm oil as a buzz word lately. There are so many ways manufacturers try to fool us, it's insane. And she probably is using Crisco!

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
By not returning it she could open a claim with paypal and possibly have her charged again. She'll do anything unethical to hang on to your money.
Yeah, I'm going to take it to the Post Office Friday, it's the first time I have to do it. I was thinking the same thing about her claiming that now I owe her. Although her operation is such a cluster I wonder what exactly she's doing with her bookkeeping. :hmmm:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
There are red palm oil sources that do not endanger orangutan habits ("rainforest friendly"). Nutiva is one of those brands.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Yeah, I'm going to take it to the Post Office Friday, it's the first time I have to do it. I was thinking the same thing about her claiming that now I owe her. Although her operation is such a cluster I wonder what exactly she's doing with her bookkeeping. :hmmm:
Exactly... blaming it on the employee no doubt. Cluster... just how I would describe it with another word attached.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Sent priority? After 4 months? What a joke.

SEND IT BACK, DON'T LET IT IN YOUR HOUSE.

Excellent advice! Evidence is everything, document, document, and document again. There is no such thing as overkill when it comes to proof.
Great comment.

Take pictures of everything. Get a receipt at the post office when they return it, take a picture of receipt in case you lose it.

Sad.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
No, 5 months! I don´t think I have ever waited 5 months for an order of anything in my life
I think maybe I waited 4 months for a custom carved ornament of one of my birds lol. But that was communicated ahead of time and was worth the wait!

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Take a picture of the original order (date) and a date of the box. I'd post that everywhere...

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Since she has changed things up making some things only seasonal for faster shipping now......how is this product really what your ordered in July?

Unless it is old stuff from July?
Want to place bets??

Oh right ..forgot about that. Was thinking this way no one else would get that box of crap.
she seems to win no matter what! :extremeanger:
She won't win forever. I find that if I watch long enough........

- the guy who refused to let me park my car in his driveway 2 doors up from mine during a blizzard, hence leaving my only vehicle on the side of the road (not to mention walking down the hill in snow in my $250 silk jacket) had to file bankruptcy a couple years later

-a guy who had an affair with my son's wife, and among other things arrested him -- asking him to meet out in a parking lot in the middle of nowhere, took him in on a domestic violence charge while the wife was nowhere around -- was run over by a criminal and sentenced to life in a wheelchair.

Just sayin'.
Walmart may well sell it...

People also ask
Is Red Palm Oil same as palm shortening?
Palm shortening is made from palm oil, an oil derived from the tropical palm tree (which is different from the coconut palm). ... Palm shortening is palm oil with some of the unsaturated fats removed so that it is even more stable and has a thick, luxurious texture that is perfect for baking.

For all anyone knows she is using Crisco.... I found this:

Palm shortening substitute that will save your recipes

Does Crisco have palm oil?
As of 2012, Crisco consists of a blend of soybean oil, fully hydrogenated palm oil, and partially hydrogenated palm and soybean oils.
UNbelievable.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I do use RPO and coconut oil for my birds. I use them immediately before serving, stirred into their fresh food --- and a teensy amount. Like a teaspoon for my entire humongo flock.

It could so easily be overdone.

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Equate brand :roflmao: not that there's anything wrong with that, but when you're selling as all organic.......