• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Cockatoo behaviour

UCY

Meeting neighbors
Hi, i need an advice on description below!

My cockatoo is 3 years old this year. Recently, he started “freaking out”, flying crazily out of a sudden. It happened 3 times, the aftermath of the first is as shown in the attach image where his legs are folded inwards and stood that way. I saw an image of a congo african grey with the same position but was diagnose with the description in the image i have attached. The second, he wind up vomitting with normal droppings, third time, nothing happened after. Is this something i need to be cautious and concern about?

Hope to hear from you soon with thanks

Attachments

Tvdv96

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tessa
I don't think I'm much help, but have you already seen an avian vet about this? If not this would definitely be my first step, as this sounds more health related!

Maybe @Hankmacaw could be of some more help

UCY

Meeting neighbors
I don't think I'm much help, but have you already seen an avian vet about this? If not this would definitely be my first step, as this sounds more health related!

Maybe @Hankmacaw could be of some more help
No we have not went to a vet yet. After the second time when he vomitted, we intended to go to the vet but he end up fine and active again.. but also, theres been some regurgitation at the same time so its hard to know if he wasnt well or if it was a hormonal behaviour

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
It could be an injury or something neurological. You need to consult an avian vet and get a proper diagnosis.