• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Budgie post-vet injury

Sunice2000

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Crystal
Hi all, my first time posting but I'm in a bit of a bind. I took my little guy to the vet yesterday for a checkup but he hasn't been acting normally since. He took a big tumble at the vet after having his wings clipped and he's normally free flighted. Now he's holding out his right wing and it's shaking constantly, he also won't eat millet off the stick, looks like he jumps back in pain. Really worried. The vet is of course closed today and I won't be able to get him in for a while cause I'm heading out of town. Any advice would help!

Attachments

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Is there another vet yiu can take him too? He might need pain meds if he hurt himself.

Sunice2000

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Crystal
I've since taken him way out of town to a pet hospital. Turns out the previous vet cut his wings way too short, they think they might have hit a nerve. Long story short he's grounded till his wings grow back, I was told not to even put perches in his cage, I have them an inch above ground instead. There's no way he can safely land from any height since they cut them so short. He's on 5 different medications and is wearing a little cone. Sadly I'm now nursing him back to health on my vacation and down $800 all because of a checkup appointment...

Attachments