• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

911 Budgie Difficulty Breathing

Is he okay?

• Yes he will be fine!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No you need to do something at home!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Go to the vet! (I don’t have any trusted vets)

Votes: 7 100.0%

• Total voters

sp0kd

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Vlad
Remove candle and forbid anyone from lighting it again. I'd put the bird(s) in travel cages and get them to fresh air outside. Open up the windows in the room where the candle was lit to vent out the smell.
That Happened 5 days ago, and I need medication because he’s breathing a little difficulty, and makes little squeaks when I bring him up close to my ear. Can you please reccomend me anything to help him? And where can I get it? Because I cannot go to the vet since they are far away (atleast 25min drive) and the vet is very expensive. Please hes my best friend! :cry: :sad5:

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
@d_msparkles
@taxidermynerd

Which vets do you recommend?

There is no one except for a vet that could tell you what medication and what dosage is needed. :/

sp0kd

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Vlad
Can a online veteran help? I found this website “justanswer“ and it has veterans on it, and its paid, do you think that will work?

sp0kd

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Vlad
he also sneezes a lot? Is that okay?

sp0kd

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Vlad
Man im crying right now

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Did the oxygen help your bird for a while? I would travel to an experienced avian vet, even if it was a couple hours away. Many vets are open for drive up service. I hope your sweetie will be okay. Make sure your bird gets plenty of fresh air if it’s not too cold out.

sp0kd

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Vlad
Did the oxygen help your bird for a while? I would travel to an experienced avian vet, even if it was a couple hours away. Many vets are open for drive up service. I hope your sweetie will be okay. Make sure your bird gets plenty of fresh air if it’s not too cold out.
If he gets worse I will get him to an avian vet, i found another one. Just one problem is that both my mom and dad have to agree :/ Thank you I am trying my best to take care of him at home.

sp0kd

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Vlad
I dont really know, because he got oxygen for about an hour. But he was so stressed that it probably didnt even help him.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
That’s great, I hope all goes well!!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Okay guys, I made an appointment for my budgie at Niles Animal Hospital and Bird Medical Center. I will be there tomorrow. wish me and my budgie good luck.
Excellent news, be sure to tell them about the candle and how close it was etc.
Also please do a real good search to find out all of the household items that are deadly and dangerous to birds and check your house is clear of them and all family members are aware and follow the necessary safety requirements for your birds continued health and comfort. So many items are not safe for our precious birds so changes need to made or your bird needs an area where it can be safe from the use of things that others feel they can not live without.

Keep us updated on how your vet visit goes, I am so pleased you were able to get some help :)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Wishing you all the best, I hope things go well at the vet :)

sp0kd

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Vlad
heres more news, this is His 5th day on medication, he’s happy as much as a little kid when they see an ice cream truck. tail bobbing went away, if you’re wondering what medicine I give him, it’s 0.01 m Metacam and 0.02 m Enrofloxacin susp. he is still breathing with a little difficulty, he still sneezes but not as often. And he Gets so mad when I have to give him medicine That he bites a lot! And he doesn’t want to come out of the cage but everything is going well and thank you guys so much

sp0kd

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Vlad
Excellent news, be sure to tell them about the candle and how close it was etc.
Also please do a real good search to find out all of the household items that are deadly and dangerous to birds and check your house is clear of them and all family members are aware and follow the necessary safety requirements for your birds continued health and comfort. So many items are not safe for our precious birds so changes need to made or your bird needs an area where it can be safe from the use of things that others feel they can not live without.

Keep us updated on how your vet visit goes, I am so pleased you were able to get some help :)
I read and basically moved their cage into my room FARR from the kitchen and other toxic things. Thank you

sp0kd

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Vlad
Quick update, my budgie started sneezing more, 10-30 times a day, and he is still tailbobbing and has difficulty breathing, but not as much as before

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
I would give your vet a call as soon as you can, and update them on what's going on with your bird.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
I'm no vet, but...

Sometimes when they give you medication, they start with the most general one. If the first one doesn't start working after a certain time, or isn't effectively treating the problem, they re-evaluate and prescribe a more specific medication.

sp0kd

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Vlad
I'm no vet, but...

Sometimes when they give you medication, they start with the most general one. If the first one doesn't start working after a certain time, or isn't effectively treating the problem, they re-evaluate and prescribe a more specific medication.
they exactly did that, i got new antibiotics hope they work :D