• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

BN-babies-UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Awww...how sweet! I know..it's warmer..yay! I had a bad headache and took a nap for an hour or so. Just woke up and went outside to sit in the sunshine and thaw out for a few minutes.{it's colder inside it seems} It felt glorious. Going to take a shower now.I feel like a bum. I have done practically nothing productive yet today.:(

Missi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Missi
I love to sun when I'm chilly & sleepy too! It is SO healing & an anti-depressant BIG TIME! In THE BOOK, Kateri's description of the mousers sunn-bathing just absolutely tickled me! I'd love to see that in person :heart:

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
Ah Carole, I have been dragging butt here too, and was running behind on feeding the tiels :( Hope you feel better:hug8:

Well the little one is 9 days today. He has changed so much since yesterday! Feet color is changing, and I finially got a shot of an open eye 9does open wider) You can see more color on him.

Attachments

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Wow..he sure is chuggin' along. That bottom pic is awesome. Is that dad feeding mom?

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
Wow..he sure is chuggin' along. That bottom pic is awesome. Is that dad feeding mom?
-------------------------

Thanks...and Yes it is. You can see the little one in front of Mommy bird, and waiting for his turn :)

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
In THE BOOK, Kateri's description of the mousers sunn-bathing just absolutely tickled me! I'd love to see that in person :heart:
---------------------------------------------

They puff up the feathers on their chests so that they can absorb the sun... When they are on a flat surface they arch their backs and puff out the chest :)

Attachments

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Hehehe...sunbathing mousers!:laughing12::heart:

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
Ah...and I have been watching, and finially got some shots. What I was watching is if the parents help the baby poop before or after feeding. The little one was under a parent, crawled across the nest. Lifted it's tail to be emptied out, then begged to be fed. What a big vent it has! Out one end and in the other :lol:

Attachments

Missi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Missi
Ooooohhhhh Susannnnnnnnnnneee....I notice you're now calling Baby "him". :dance5::dancing:;)

:rofl::hehe:

Missi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Missi
Ah...and I have been watching, and finially got some shots. What I was watching is if the parents help the baby poop before or after feeding. The little one was under a parent, crawled across the nest. Lifted it's tail to be emptied out, then begged to be fed. What a big vent it has! Out one end and in the other :lol:
:omg::rofl::hehe::hehe::lol::rofl:

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
Missi, it is so laid back, I'm 'suspecting' it may be a him. And I'm trying not to get too mentally attached just in case.

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
Ah...it is day 10 of hatch. I finally got a pix with the eyes open :) And it's little crest is up. It looks alot bigger than yesterday.

Missi, I phoned Avian BioTech to see if I can pull a couple feathers to send out for sexing at this age. So I'll do that later today when I take the little one out to look at, weigh, and get some more pixs.

Attachments

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Awwww..Hi Chubs!!:greet14:

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
Awwww..Hi Chubs!!:greet14:
-----------------------------------

Have you should Gryphon the baby pix's so that he could see what he looked like as a little mouser? :lol: The little one still has a ways to grow yet.

Missi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Missi
Awwwwww MAN! Would ya look at that baby!!!

Okay! Speaking with my hubby, I have come to a FINAL decision regarding my own mouser situation.

If Chubs ends up being a male, thus me being able to take him, I will (if it is okay with Susanne)...because I'm attached from watching him grow up & I said that I would buy him all along. HOWEVER, if he turns out to be female & Susanne keeps him, I will put off my plan for acquiring a mouser/any other animals for quite a while. The reason being, the parrots need a bunch of money invested in a play gym (half the bird room) I have been planning. They need more enrichment in their lives! Joe & I also need to save for a new mattress (Temper-pedic) & home renovations. Not to mention, before all that, I have to pay off a MASS of credit card debt. :rolleyes::huh:

M

M.C Bird Rescue

This may seem like a dumb question....but what is the going rate for mousebirds? I have never ever seen one for sale. EVER.

Missi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Missi
This may seem like a dumb question....but what is the going rate for mousebirds? I have never ever seen one for sale. EVER.
Not dumb at all! Typically around $200-$300 depending on the species of mouser....then it is $170 for the cage & ~ $100 for perches & accessories...not to mention all the fresh food & pellets *sigh* LOL I may be rethinking this for now.

I need to purchase 2 extra large Get-A-Grips, a bunch of PVC pipe & fittings, vet wrap (which I assumed would be dirt cheap but is totally NOT), shelving, rope boings & perches plus a ton more for my parrots' play fortress. :omg:

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
Awwww there is baby Chubs!

He sure is growing like a weed!
Do they make chirps or anything at this age?

I want to hold him and smell the baby birdie smell. :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.