• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

are my budgies tail feathers okay?

paimeezy

Checking out the neighborhood
when i first got my budgie, his tail feathers were already pretty janky. he isn’t molting much yet, he’s still pretty young, but i was wondering if his tail will turn out healthy and fine? i got him a few weeks ago. his name is morax. ive also noticed his balance isn’t always the best, and i was wondering if that has anything to do with the feathers.

(yes his wings are clipped. i’m mad about it but they were clipped when i got him. i already had a budgie with clipped wings who is now healthy and flying happily, so i hope he will turn out that way also)

Attachments

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Hello and welcome to the forum. I hope you will stick around and enjoy the community.

It could be something happened to tail feathers and new ones haven't come in.

But its possibly an indication of PBFD . Many times in budgies this virus seem to effect tail more than all feathers. But please know I'm not a veterinarian, and t g is could be anything or nothing.

But because I've read about it im sharing this.

anurim

Strolling the yard
My 'tiel's tail was like that when I got him. He was just a baby and probably yanked them off while trying to learn how to fly. I saw many tails like this in pet shops, as they are usually kept in small spaces. They will probably fall next molt and be replaced by new, long feathers. It took my bird almost a year to replace them all, so you should be patient. :)