• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Anybody ever seen this skin condition?

Garet

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Garet
Edit:
And to all of you telling me he needs a vet; believe me I know. I am doing my best to make that happen. In the meantime, I need to do as much as I can to help him. I posted here in hopes that someone might be able to tell me something useful I might not be able to find easily researching online. I appreciate those who are giving me constructive advice without all of the judgmental backlash. To you all, thank you.
I hope you don't find this harsh, but finding a vet is important and sometimes difficult to find online. There really isn't much people can do other than give their opinions on what it is and what you could potentially do to help. There's no guarantee that you will find an answer on these or any other forums out there.

Here are some international vets, and here are some US-based vets.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Yes, A vet needs to see him, but till you get there. Can you get aloe spray or, do you have aloe plants where you live? Its will at least relieve him, if you have aloe,, rub the gooey inside on his problem areas if you can get the spray, then spritz the areas of concerm.., do get him checked for candida and giardia...hope hes gonna be ok.:hug8:

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
I am going add my 2cents here. That bird needs a VET. He must be so uncomfortable and miserable. As far as humidifier I use the old fashion vaporizer I set it up 2-4feet from the cage and pointed near the cage. Steam type vaporizers sanitize the water and need to be cleaned weekly with vinegar.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Remedies we can offer are only temporary & hopefully for the most part do not compromise the health of the bird. Not even a vet can diagnosis & treat from photos & description.

There may be a few things going one & it needs to be figured out.
Hopefully the shivering is from cold as you can try to fix that but if the bird is in pain then it needs help asap as something is seriously wrong.

Last edited: