• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A List of Breeders and Band Numbers

BrianB

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
@BrianB may have some insights?
it doesn’t ring a bell for me. The not red fronted breeder I knew of in Texas was Wendy Craig but she has retired and now lives here in Arizona.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
it doesn’t ring a bell for me. The not red fronted breeder I knew of in Texas was Wendy Craig but she has retired and now lives here in Arizona.
She was an absolutely amazing breeder. If her wait list for blue throats had not been so long, I would have gone with her.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
My breeding pair of red-fronted macaws came from her. They are fantastic breeders and consistently give me very healthy babies.
Through forums over the years I have known several people with her birds who could not possibly speak any more highly of her.

kdalvarez

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
David Alvarez
Can anyone help me with who the breeder is of a Blue and Gold macaw we adopted. The owner didnt know anything as it was his late wife's bird we are in MN but i drove to Michigan to adopt her the tag is FLNK E 883. I searched all 16pages and no matching tag numbers.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Can anyone help me with who the breeder is of a Blue and Gold macaw we adopted. The owner didnt know anything as it was his late wife's bird we are in MN but i drove to Michigan to adopt her the tag is FLNK E 883. I searched all 16pages and no matching tag numbers.
Is the band open or closed?

cowgirl198

Moving in
Real Name
sabrina
Hello,

I have a Male Umbrella Cockatoo. His leg band is closed, the skinny way say FL then the long way around says BAB. FL BAB I know its a long shot but, was just seeing if I could find more information on him. I was told he is 40 yrs old from here in Michigan. But I was thinking the FL if Florida.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Hello,

I have a Male Umbrella Cockatoo. His leg band is closed, the skinny way say FL then the long way around says BAB. FL BAB I know its a long shot but, was just seeing if I could find more information on him. I was told he is 40 yrs old from here in Michigan. But I was thinking the FL if Florida.
FL is Florida :) does it have any numbers on it?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
My guess is your bird was born in Florida in 1995.
It is possible, but most breeders that include a year also include other numbers to differentiate the individual birds. Many smaller breeders (quantity bred, not species size) do not include a year so that they can use the leftover bands the next year without having to dispose of the unused bands and start over.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
It is possible, but most breeders that include a year also include other numbers to differentiate the individual birds. Many smaller breeders (quantity bred, not species size) do not include a year so that they can use the leftover bands the next year without having to dispose of the unused bands and start over.
True, didn't think about that!

cowgirl198

Moving in
Real Name
sabrina
At least this gets me a closer age. We are in Michigan and the lady who released him to us, thought he was 40 and locally breed. Big difference in 40 to 28 ish.

cowgirl198

Moving in
Real Name
sabrina
I’m trying to help someone do thier band and you all was such a help to me. It reads SRK 282. I have read clamp bands were wild at one time. True?

Attachments

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I’m trying to help someone do thier band and you all was such a help to me. It reads SRK 282. I have read clamp bands were wild at one time. True?
Some were, but not all. Some breeders still use them if they miss the time to properly band the baby with a closed band.