• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A List of Breeders and Band Numbers

alhayes144

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Amber Hayes
You can see her bracelet in both if not at least one of these photos A71A3D7D-6214-4F0F-AECE-55FEF815FB4B.jpeg F722B56E-6CFB-49FB-A9E9-F7D02B094C22.jpeg

alhayes144

Real Name
Amber Hayes
The only part of the bracelet you can’t see in the photo is the number 230 which is horizontal like the BF.

Last edited:

Lansie

My daughter rescued an abandoned moluccan cockatoo. She is with me now and I would love to find any info on her. She has a solid silver unbroken band on her left leg which reads WEA 631. I have searched and can not find anything on her. I know she's a female because of the band being on the left leg. If anyone has any info it will be greatly appreciated.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
@Lansie The band being on the left or right leg doesn't necessarily indicate gender.

WEA could easily be the breeder's initials. It is unfortunately getting harder and harder to track down leg bands. You're best bet may be to contact the leg band manufacturers and see if the band may be one of theirs.

Lansie

I got some search ideas from a couple of threads on here. I came up with one out of New York. Unfortunately I don't think they are around anymore. I hadn't thought of that. Thank you so very much.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Pretty sure my macaw had his band on the left leg- I can’t recall now it’s gone without actually looking at him lol.
I’ve never heard of a particular leg being used for either sex bird- they’re usually banded well before they’ve been DNA tested for sex.

I hope you find the information you’re looking for but it’s fairly often a search that ends with no further information unfortunately. It would be lovely to be able to track birds past information better using their band identifiers but it’s mostly only really used for the breeders personal records only.

Shellinbox

Real Name
Sheldon
My daughter rescued an abandoned moluccan cockatoo. She is with me now and I would love to find any info on her. She has a solid silver unbroken band on her left leg which reads WEA 631. I have searched and can not find anything on her. I know she's a female because of the band being on the left leg. If anyone has any info it will be greatly appreciated.
Does the band have the AFA logo on it just before the numbers?
If so, you can simply email the afa and ask. Their response times in my experience have been very good. Usually next day replies.

john kinsf

Real Name
John Kinsfather
We have a yellow naped amazon with the letters (sideways) FL, and (regular) BEB and then what looks like a "9" a 1/3rd of the way around by itself... Can anyone help us identify the breeder?? Resized952022050195113252.jpg Resized952022050195113008.jpg Resized952022050195113008.jpg

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]

Jark

Real Name
Janet
Hello,
Would anyone be able to figure this one out?

FX 2060 Umbrella Cockatoo (closed band)

I purchased her from a family who could no longer keep her. They claim she is 1.5 years old; however she has been laying eggs.
I would be thrilled to know what her true age is....and what FX means?

Thank you!!!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Hello,
Would anyone be able to figure this one out?

FX 2060 Umbrella Cockatoo (closed band)

I purchased her from a family who could no longer keep her. They claim she is 1.5 years old; however she has been laying eggs.
I would be thrilled to know what her true age is....and what FX means?

Thank you!!!
From earlier in this thread:

Sorry, that took me quite some time to find;

Florida Exotics
Bill Klein
Tampa, FL USA
813-962-0605
parrot@tampabay.rr.com

I can´t guarantee it is correct, but worth calling to see :)

edit; looks like they have/had a pet store in Tampa, FL:

13903 North Dale Mabry Highway
Zipcode: 33618

Jark

Real Name
Janet
I just called Bill Klein who was not very happy to receive my call.
He said he hasn't been in the business for years, but keeps getting calls like mine.
He also said I would not be able to figure out my bird's hatchday:(

However I am still very grateful to you Zara for the information! Thanks again.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Oh that's too bad :(

poco42

Real Name
Marvin Branstetter
I received a Sulfur Crested Cockatoo from my grandmother and I would like to find out more information on Miss Poco if I could please. I have done loads of research so far which led me to her being a female because her band is on her left leg. Her tag reads LCF FL 08 3758

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I received a Sulfur Crested Cockatoo from my grandmother and I would like to find out more information on Miss Poco if I could please. I have done loads of research so far which led me to her being a female because her band is on her left leg. Her tag reads LCF FL 08 3758
I don’t believe the band being on a particular leg indicates sex- my macaw is a DNA sexed male and his band before I had it removed was on his left leg…

Matto

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
I don't know the breeder but she was most likely hatched in 2008.

howdymjm

Meeting neighbors
Can anyone help on a Red Fronted Macaw band with CLK TX 165. Assume texas for state. thanks