• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A List of Breeders and Band Numbers

O_and_T

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Olivia
Ok, thank you both. My boss gave me him randomly so I'm trying to find out more about this new birdie.

bonefarm

Real Name
Katie
Hello all, I have a turquoise Indian Ringneck with a breeder band TEP TX 22 015. Does anyone know who their breeder might be? Thanks in advance!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
TEP TX 22 015
Likely hatched in Texas in 2022. The 015 is the code the breeder uses to identify the birds. And the aviary code is TEP, though I don't know which aviary it is.... Texas Parrots maybe? You could call and ask.

WhitJay

I'm looking for the breeder for a white-bellied Caique with a green aluminum band SP 999 if anyone has any info!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I'm looking for the breeder for a white-bellied Caique with a green aluminum band SP 999 if anyone has any info!
Where are you located (country, state/province)? This may help narrow it down.

Matto

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
SunPet. Its not a breeder, but a distributor to pet stores.

larksong07

Hi everyone. Looking for info on my Senegal. I rescued her in MA, sept 2018. No approximate age nor any idea when or where she was originally adopted from. Red band, DSB FL.
I've searched every site and group I could find with no successes in finding who these initials belong to!

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma

AW2023

Strolling the yard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Annie
I'm hoping to identify where 2 of my birds originated from.
First is a conure, silver band HAI FL 07 1007 (FL is sideways). I've read elsewhere on this thread that 'HAI' is Hurricaine Aviaries? Is that right?
Second is a princess of wales, blue band TIM FL 2655 (FL is sideways).

nic444

looking for help finding the breeder, we believe our cockatoo came from florida. his band says JH 211

WinterBrez

Real Name
Brianna
I just adopted two Indian ringnecks and I got the dna certificate MSA 23 LA 147 is one of them. I have been trying to find the breeder or aviary because the dna certificate is a mistake. I would love to find out if they just mixed the bands up? Or should I not rely on these certificates at all? The female has a black ring and from all my research the males only get the black ring. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don’t want to name them yet because I truly think the certificates are wrong.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I just adopted two Indian ringnecks and I got the dna certificate MSA 23 LA 147 is one of them. I have been trying to find the breeder or aviary because the dna certificate is a mistake. I would love to find out if they just mixed the bands up? Or should I not rely on these certificates at all? The female has a black ring and from all my research the males only get the black ring. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don’t want to name them yet because I truly think the certificates are wrong.

You could get them DNA tested yourself?

WinterBrez

Real Name
Brianna
You could get them DNA tested yourself?
Yes that is my thinking I don’t have the health genetic information so I can do that with our avian vet. I was just curious who the breeder was.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Yes that is my thinking I don’t have the health genetic information so I can do that with our avian vet. I was just curious who the breeder was.
Unfortunately a lot of people never figure it out as there is no central database for these things. :( MSA would be your breeder identifier, 23 is likely the year they were born, LA is the state (Louisiana), and 147 is the chick ID.

Did you get them from a store or a private party? That can also be a clue as some stores buy from giant corporations.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I do not understand what you mean. These tests can be done by a veterinarian or at home, and you only need either a literal drop of blood, or a properly collected feather. What "genetic information" are you missing?

RosiePose

Real Name
Amanda Kent
Hello! I adopted by Rosie two years ago and would love to be able to find her breeder so I can get her hatch date information. I had her band cut off today but can't seem to track down her breeder based on the list provided in this forum.

EA CA 19 1580

Any help or direction you can give would be great!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Hello! I adopted by Rosie two years ago and would love to be able to find her breeder so I can get her hatch date information. I had her band cut off today but can't seem to track down her breeder based on the list provided in this forum.

EA CA 19 1580

Any help or direction you can give would be great!
Possibly Enchanted Aviaries. I'm not sure what species Rosie is to confirm if it is a species they breed.

Enchanted Aviaries
Email: incinderator@charter.net.
Phone 805-423-0490
City Atascadero, CA

RosiePose

Real Name
Amanda Kent
Possibly Enchanted Aviaries. I'm not sure what species Rosie is to confirm if it is a species they breed.

Enchanted Aviaries
Email: incinderator@charter.net.
Phone 805-423-0490
City Atascadero, CA
Oops, sorry I forgot to include that. She's a conure. I reached out to that breeder that you shared and they said it wasn't them. They don't use EA. Thank you for trying to narrow it down!