• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A List of Breeders and Band Numbers

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Hello, So I am in need of a lot of help. My bird is claimed to be 50 it's a blue crowned conure but they live for 20-30 years. The previous owner said it was 50. I then realized they had a leg band. It starts with AFA which i figures was the company who sold the band and i contacted them. The next one is the one i need help with... "AVX" is the breeder. Can't find it anywhere! Please if you know anything let me know!
Have you received a reply from AFA? They may or may not be able to get in touch with the breeder but they *MIGHT* be able to tell you when the band was made. It wont tell you how old your bird is, only when the band was created... which might give you an idea!

And if it helps.... Mitred conures have lived into their 40's.... and cherry heads may have lived that long, too...

So it's not completely out of character for a similar sized conure to also live past 30 years old.

Edie

Checking out the neighborhood
Can you help me locate breeder of Quaker Parrot purchased at Petco in Oklahoma City about 17 years ago. Band is PCO 201. Want to know when/where bird was from.

RipTweety

Walking the driveway
Real Name
iris
My friend moved back to California because if her husband's work & needed the re-home her 2 parakeets that she let her daughter buy but then she wasn't interested in them a couple months later & one of them died & her mom wanted to give me the girl back in November/December of last year but my dad said no because we had Tweety but she passed away just over a month ago :sad11: & she texted me again a couple days after her passing saying that they had bought a new setup & got another bird to go with her but now they needed to re-home them so I took them in & I asked her if she had any of their papers that they came with so I would know age's but she said the papers are packed up somewhere but they bought them both at petsmart here in Vegas. (She didn't say which petsmart tho) they both have leg bands & I think they've had her for 1 & 1/2 maybe 2 years & they only got him a couple months before I got them from them 3 weeks ago. I was wondering if anyone knew of where these baby's came from/when they was born? Here's their leg band numbers

Her's is BBFF3432 & His is BBFF6523

peaches13

Strolling the yard
Hey everyone. Could someone help me identify this band? The band numbers are CP26375 and CP 27931.
Please help me to identify those leg band number and thank you!:)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Hey everyone. Could someone help me identify this band? The band numbers are CP26375 and CP 27931.
Please help me to identify those leg band number and thank you!:)
Could possibly be CP Birds in Orlando?
+1 321-217-9455
cpbirds407@yahoo.com
http://www.cpbirds.com

RVaro

Hi everyone! We are new to the boards but not new to parrots. I adopted a lesser sulfur crested cockatoo (Timor cockatoo/yellow-crested cockatoo) with a band that reads 262 RDM FL (FL is sideways). I know that 262 is the band number and FL is Florida, but I’ve come up empty on the breeder. He seems like a fairly young bird, perhaps 10 or so, but I would love to know his age if possible.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Hi everyone! We are new to the boards but not new to parrots. I adopted a lesser sulfur crested cockatoo (Timor cockatoo/yellow-crested cockatoo) with a band that reads 262 RDM FL (FL is sideways). I know that 262 is the band number and FL is Florida, but I’ve come up empty on the breeder. He seems like a fairly young bird, perhaps 10 or so, but I would love to know his age if possible.
Hello,
I wonder if maybe they came from Rhondas Aviary:
You could call and ask?

Rhonda's Aviary, Inc.
5675 Highway 90
Suite D
Milton, FL 32583
Phone: 850 983-7777
E-mail: rhondasaviary@hotmail.com

Their facebook is RhondasaviaryMilton
(Their facebook has up to date opening hours)

Good luck. Please let us know how you get on :)

HarleyQ

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Johnathon
My vet was trying to find out where Harley came from with her band. I believe he already contacted the AFA and it’s older than the 7 years they have recorded. He told me to try some yahoo group that no longer exists. The full ID is AFA GLS 223. Mostly just trying to confirm her age with the breeder if possible.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
My vet was trying to find out where Harley came from with her band. I believe he already contacted the AFA and it’s older than the 7 years they have recorded. He told me to try some yahoo group that no longer exists. The full ID is AFA GLS 223. Mostly just trying to confirm her age with the breeder if possible.
You might try contacting AFA directly to see if they might give you a different answer.

My mitred conure is also an AFA bird and I didn't get him until he was 12 years old. I don't remember when I contacted AFA but they were able to tell me who the breeder was and got me in contact with them. The initials were the breeders name. The breeder only bred his parents once before getting rid of them (mitreds are noisy!), his parents were also wild caught imports. I looked into the breeder and found out that she has been doing dog rescue. So that's 5+ years after a 7 year database! (unless things have changed?)

RVaro

Hello,
I wonder if maybe they came from Rhondas Aviary:
You could call and ask?

Rhonda's Aviary, Inc.
5675 Highway 90
Suite D
Milton, FL 32583
Phone: 850 983-7777
E-mail: rhondasaviary@hotmail.com

Their facebook is RhondasaviaryMilton
(Their facebook has up to date opening hours)

Good luck. Please let us know how you get on :)
Thank you! I've reached out to them and am waiting to hear back. Fingers crossed!

hilarys

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Hilary
DPA TX (dark blue) Dallas Parrots, dallasparrots.com 469-706-0972 Irving, TX

LostStoner

Meeting neighbors
Hello, I am having trouble locating the place where my recently adopted bird came from.

Based on what I got off his band, and looking here I thought he was from The Parrot Patch, after contacting them via the link to their facebook page listed above, I was saddened to learn that it was not the place where my bird is from.

His band reads TPP 19 936 ACS
The TPP I why I thought it was from the parrot patch.

Can anyone help?

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
@LostStoner do you have a cockatiel by any chance?

ACS makes me think of American Cockatiel Society.... if so, there might be more info you can scout from them?

LostStoner

Meeting neighbors
@LostStoner do you have a cockatiel by any chance?

ACS makes me think of American Cockatiel Society.... if so, there might be more info you can scout from them?

That is what I had assumed to.... But correct me if I'm wrong is the American Cockatiel Society only register cockatiels?

Because if so that can't be it, as it's a Green Cheek Conure. Probably should have said that in my first post.

See pictures.

Attachments

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
If a cockatiel breeder also breeds other species, then maybe?

Although I'm not entirely sure... and I could only advise you to check.