• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A List of Breeders and Band Numbers

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
She’s reached out to veterinarians and such, I’m actually an administrator of 911 Parrot Alert, it says HAI FL 03 and a few more numbers I think? I can’t remember the rest. Thank you all for any help!!
It might be hurricane aviaries. That's where my quaker is from

BirdMomCas

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Cassandra Hagan
What about BCCA 07 2166? I can't find it anywhere. I have another that is MRT FL 3514. I found that in FL and sent an email to the POC. I believe that's Kaylee Preferred Birds, and from what I can see it's a bird mill for Kaylee (makers of the bird food). Hope I'm wrong. Mine are rescues, though. Both cockatiels.

Twinlukers

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Mitch
That would be his ID number. :)
Or his hatch number. We took Juanita in for an exam because we had questions on her sex and band info. We found out Juanita was hatched in 1995 from the Breeder AFA which is not on the list that I saw here. But I did more research and found that AFA is a registered breeder as well as an organization. Juanita Number 734 is her hatch number and registration number for 1995. Hope that helps?

cab124

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Craig
I have a green cheek conure with two leg bands that I got from a pet store in Ohio.

The bands:

Left: A1 1298 (split band, not solid)
Right: AR [sideways CA] 8516 (solid band)

Does anyone have any idea what breeder this might correspond to?

amj76

Real Name
Allen Johnson
I’m looking for breeder information for our blue and gold macaw that we took in 3 years ago. PEI NC 541 the nc is sideways to the other info. As far as we know Rio hatched in July of 2013.

Attachments

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I’m looking for breeder information for our blue and gold macaw that we took in 3 years ago. PEI NC 541 the nc is sideways to the other info. As far as we know Rio hatched in July of 2013.
All I can tell you is I believe Rio was born in North Carolina. I did look on the breeder list & didn't see anything. Maybe @Monica or @iamwhoiam can help you further.

Even if you think you find your breeder it can end up like my situation... I called who we thought my breeder should be & they told me that they never bread my type of parrot. I called all over FL trying to track down info & I found out nothing, other than I loved him for being him.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Unfortunately, it's getting harder and harder to get any information on leg bands as the "leg band registry" websites have disappeared, the Yahoo groups may disappear soon, Avian Biotech removed their breeders list....

Which leaves us with contacting the manufacturer's of the leg bands if the leg bands do not have an affiliation code on them (such as AFA)

L_M_Bird Leg Bands Products Catalogue
Red Bird Products
DL Products - Leg Bands, Bird Bands, Bird Rings

Or contacting pet stores and avian vets in the state the bird was born in and see about finding out the information that way. (if state information is available)

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
PEI could be breeder's initials or name of store (Parrots and Exotics Inc.???...just made that up). You could look up macaw breeders in NC and see what comes up. Some breeders close shop and then very difficult to find out anything about the bird.

mpitzer13

Real Name
Mike
I'm trying to find out the breeder of my Eclectus. His band says IOV TX(sideways) 006.
I've contacted a few breeders in TX and it was none of them. Any help would be appreciated. Trying to figure out how old he is.

ConureKiwi

Moving in
I recently bought a yellow sided green cheek conure and his band say LJ9.C24 I'm not sure about his age all i know is he is about 2 months old, can anyone figure out his band number?

tdbartolo

Real Name
Terry
We have an African Grey that we adopted a year ago through a third party after her original owner passed. Her leg band says FL TJP 93.
I'm guessing she was hatched in Florida in 1993, but cannot find any information on TJP. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Terry

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Unfortunately, the resources for finding and tracing leg bands is getting smaller and smaller.... :( This is what I do have. TJP sounds familiar though... (all links might not work but should still be able to search out the website?)

A few places that produce leg bands may or may not help trace the band if it's one of theirs...
L_M_Bird Leg Bands Products Catalogue
Red Bird Products
DL Products - Leg Bands, Bird Bands, Bird Rings
Bird Bands Bird Leg Rings Bird Leg Bands Bird Rings size Wholesale Retail Australia ?

Information on Leg Bands
Winged Wisdom Pet Bird Magazine - The ABC's Of Leg Bands - Identifying Birds
Choosing Your Bird

Additional Info....
Leg Bands

RickR

Real Name
Rick Raines
I bought a umbrella cockatoo in the beginning of December I have been trying to do research and find out who the breeder is and when he was hatched he has a closed metal band on his left leg it says FL sideways and then JAK5047 any help would be very much appreciated

Melissa2510

Moving in
It appears the information you found is correct. Did you ever get in contact with Kathleen?

Luv Them Birds | Loxahatchee | Florida | Pet List
AvianBiotech.com - Find Breeders
Hi Monica,
Thanks for your response. It's been a while since I've been on this site. I emailed Kathleen in Sep, 2017 at birdluv@aol.com and never heard back. I assume she's no longer in business or checking that email. Still trying to track down how old my bird is....His band is LTB FL 366. The FL is sideways.
~Melissa

gizmosmom

Trying to trace a band OLA 5- its a closed band from a military macaw (we are in Arkansas and the birds history is known from 1998 until present)

BrianB

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have a blue quaker with a band that starts with HJR. Does anyone have any idea who that is? The bird won't hold still so it's difficult to get the order right. The band is FL HJR 64-16 or some combination of that.

Asim

Hello i am trying AJM FL C119 , who does it belong to , i need some information about my bird.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Since many have time being in quarantine, I'm bumping this thread for the last 3-4 posts.

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
Of course all the registry resources are disappearing now that I need them! :arghh:

We got a rescue Nanday last week, only info we were given is he is at least 20 years old and may have been a breeder bird at one time.
From what I can tell his blue leg band says “D & S” and then maybe a 3 or perhaps a sideways M or MI or even NJ inside a circle? It’s really hard to tell...
Anyone able to give me ANY help with this? I’d really appreciate it :)

85DA06B3-B79F-4757-A84C-A4B9E269A68C.png