• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A List of Breeders and Band Numbers

cab124

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Craig
Of course all the registry resources are disappearing now that I need them! :arghh:

We got a rescue Nanday last week, only info we were given is he is at least 20 years old and may have been a breeder bird at one time.
From what I can tell his blue leg band says “D & S” and then maybe a 3 or perhaps a sideways M or MI or even NJ inside a circle? It’s really hard to tell...
Anyone able to give me ANY help with this? I’d really appreciate it :)

View attachment 334374
I notice that the list of breeders here on AA includes a D&S breeder: DSE Changes yearly D & S Exotics Suzi Eslick Palmdale CA 661-947-1588

But they are out of California. Still might be worth a call.

JoJo&Loki

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kelly
I notice that the list of breeders here on AA includes a D&S breeder: DSE Changes yearly D & S Exotics Suzi Eslick Palmdale CA 661-947-1588

But they are out of California. Still might be worth a call.

That was the only one I could even think may *possibly* be related even though bands are supposedly DSE... and they’re on the other side of the country. But since I hardly have any background on him at all, I guess he could be a California boy!?
Thanks for the tip, I’m willing to try anything for this ol boy:heart:

ACFF92BA-481B-4AE5-94D8-FA472C3F1E96.jpeg

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
I just googled D & S in Palmdale and don’t think it can be the right place- they were founded in 2010 and Hickey is at least 20 years old....
5CFB832B-1011-4F61-A3C5-FC03D6D75533.png

cab124

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Craig
I have been searching for the breeder of my bird for two years with no luck as well. She has two bands, so I thought that with that much information I would eventually locate the breeder.

I got Mango at a pet store and I am starting to think that pet stores and breeders may have an agreement that breeders not reveal themselves as the source of the birds that the stores sell. I find it very suspicious that the store that I bought my bird from "could not remember" and "lost the documentation" for my bird, and no amount of pleading made any difference.

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
I have been searching for the breeder of my bird for two years with no luck as well. She has two bands, so I thought that with that much information I would eventually locate the breeder.

I got Mango at a pet store and I am starting to think that pet stores and breeders may have an agreement that breeders not reveal themselves as the source of the birds that the stores sell. I find it very suspicious that the store that I bought my bird from "could not remember" and "lost the documentation" for my bird, and no amount of pleading made any difference.
Ugh... that sounds very frustrating! Good luck to you, I hope somehow you are able to find the info you’re looking for. We’ve just started researching, but I have to say it’s not looking very promising!

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@JoJo&Loki
I went thru a similar situation w/ Buddy. Hubby & I thought we located Buddy's original owner & that was after I called 5 or 6 places. To no avail. The one I thought it was... She said she NEVER had any RHM Zon's. Then I joined AA & posted here & ended up everyone thought it was the same person that NEVER...

I'd call that place anyways, he may be younger than you were told. Keep in mind that just because you've been told by someone regarding an adoption/rescue situation doesn't always make it true... & what the heck is 5 minutes for a phone call when we're all sitting in the 2020 QUARANTINE!

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
@Monica I don't mean to bother you, but I was wondering if you could help me with my cockatiel's leg band. I doubt I'll be able to find anything on him, but it might explain his age?
I'm not sure where it starts and ends but it's 44 then a vertical AGS or ACS or AOS then 117J then a vertical 18
It's a closed blue band on his right leg (our left)
I will be highly surprised if it means he was born is 2018:faint:

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
@scrape 18 could be year or it could be ID. The 44 could also be a part of the ID. Though, more likely, the 117J would be ID but then where does that leave 18 and 44? Seems rather confusing...

I would recommend starting here.... (ACS)

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
Alright. I have checked there before, but couldn't find anything useful. It's not that important anyway, I wanted to find his age and if he was a breeder.

JenniP13

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Jennifer
I’ve been searching everywhere but can’t find any info on my cockatiel. I got her at a petshop and trying to find age and location. The band is CP 25861. Thanks in advance!

enigma731

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Can anyone help with Pattie's band info? It's a stainless NCS band with 10 (sideways) and 49P 108. I thought the 10 was the year and the 108 was her ID but when I googled I found several other forum posts (other forums) about tiels with this exact same band. So I'm confused. I'm mainly trying to figure out if the surrender paperwork that says she's around 5 is correct.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Can anyone help with Pattie's band info? It's a stainless NCS band with 10 (sideways) and 49P 108. I thought the 10 was the year and the 108 was her ID but when I googled I found several other forum posts (other forums) about tiels with this exact same band. So I'm confused. I'm mainly trying to figure out if the surrender paperwork that says she's around 5 is correct.
It sounds as if that is a National Cockatiel Society band. They may be able to help you.

LeoGen

Real Name
Justin
Hello, I recently adopted a Senegal who has an unknown history and would love to try and find out some information based on her band. I attempted to search for it but came up short on finding out what the initials could relate to.

BAND Information

MJN PA(sideways)

I know the PA is Pennsylvania but the MJN is what I can not find any information on regarding who could have raised her.

Thanks in advance

Neverendin

Real Name
Renee Pitts
Has anyone heard of a breeder called JLS Farms? I can't find any info anywhere? My conure had a closed band with JLS Farms on her tag, she was purchased at PetSmart in NC last year and I am trying to locate the breeder. Any help would be appreciated.

Jospirit23

Real Name
Joanna
Hello. New here. My mom asked me to try to get information on her bird. Rio is a Yellow Headed Amazon. His band is silver and to me it looks like it reads: NE then a sideways AZ and the number 3 at the end. We live in AZ so it makes sense that Rio is from AZ. He has never laid eggs so we assume that Rio is a boy. I attached 2 pictures of Rio and a post it note with what I saw on his ring. The date on top is when my mom got him. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you so much. -Joanna

Attachments

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Hello. New here. My mom asked me to try to get information on her bird. Rio is a Yellow Headed Amazon. His band is silver and to me it looks like it reads: NE then a sideways AZ and the number 3 at the end. We live in AZ so it makes sense that Rio is from AZ. He has never laid eggs so we assume that Rio is a boy. I attached 2 pictures of Rio and a post it note with what I saw on his ring. The date on top is when my mom got him. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you so much. -Joanna
Do you know if your Mom purchased Rio from a pet store, a classified advertisement, or a rescue? I am asking as some pet stores keep records of the information they receive on birds that they sell.

Jospirit23

Real Name
Joanna
Do you know if your Mom purchased Rio from a pet store, a classified advertisement, or a rescue? I am asking as some pet stores keep records of the information they receive on birds that they sell.
RESPONSE: My mom got him from a Craigslist Ad. So she doesn't know much of anything about him.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
RESPONSE: My mom got him from a Craigslist Ad. So she doesn't know much of anything about him.
You could try contacting Arizona Bird Store – Our Passion is Our Profession . They have been in business in Arizona for almost 40 years. If it is a local breeder, they may know who it is. Let them know that he is a yellow-crowned amazon as they are not common so that may help them.

Jospirit23

Real Name
Joanna
Okay... thank you. So he is a yellow crowned not a yellow headed Amazon?

gabbyc064

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Gabby
Hello, So I am in need of a lot of help. My bird is claimed to be 50 it's a blue crowned conure but they live for 20-30 years. The previous owner said it was 50. I then realized they had a leg band. It starts with AFA which i figures was the company who sold the band and i contacted them. The next one is the one i need help with... "AVX" is the breeder. Can't find it anywhere! Please if you know anything let me know!