• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Vendor Etiquette?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I still don't see a reason to even add that to anything, it doesn't have a benefit at all, or am I wrong?
You are correct! A sweetener is all, a bad one at that and not necessary.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Coconut has about 4 grams of sugar per 1/2 cup - that's quite a lot. Here are the nutritional values of fresh coconut - it doesn't impress me one little bit. Take a look at the fats and carbohydrates.

Nuts, coconut meat, raw Nutrition Facts & Calories

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
The only reason for sugar is to make it palatable. Same with Zupreem pellets. It's part of the reason picky birds take the food so well.

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Also read this in the reviews:

One thing I do not like about the Betterbody Foods Organic Coconut Palm Sugar is how much potassium and sodium is in a serving. If you take certain diuretics, for example, potassium levels are monitored carefully. I have to watch my potassium intake so I will not be using this sugar as my daily coffee substitute. I will try baking with it since in many ways it is healthier than white sugar; however, if you have potassium or sodium medial issues – read the label!

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
I highly doubt she's incorporating fresh fruits into these things. No need to add that coconut sugar. Birds do not need SUGAR. Sugar puts a load on an animals endocrine system. It's probably why Ekkielu's Sergie gained 70 grams!!

View attachment 314695
EXACTLY what my vet said too!!!

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
She's advertising it well on her Facebook page.

A matter of time before something happens to a bird or birds.

I think it already has! One common place birds get fungal infections is from contaminated food holding fungal spores.
If I remember correctly, wd's operated from her basement, a place where fungus could grow rapidly releasing spores into food. Old food can ( even seeds) can develop fungus over time.
It's a coincidence that poppers fungal infection started about the time she was having all wd products. A coincidence!? Possibly.
I can't find any other source here in my house, I'm a clean freak when it comes to their bird room and how long I leave fresh food out for them. So yea I'm baffled. The fungal infection poppers gotten almost took her!

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
She's advertising it well on her Facebook page.

A matter of time before something happens to a bird or birds.
I know people who have lost birds, not to mention the health troubles many folk's birds are having (including me and Chirp.). Chirp is permanently ill, for the rest of his life. We have to see the vet every 2 weeks, he now has lifelong prescriptions. He was fine until I started feeding WD. He will never be 100% again... and he can't eat solid foods for the foreseeable future, only mushed foods because his beak is fragile now (from the liver issues).

I'm sure there are others who are having issues.

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
Urg!! This is all so sad!! I wish there was some kind of remedy. I keep thinking lawsuit but its probably too small potatoes for a lawyer to take on. And too costly for an owner to hire a lawyer

Bee I especially feel for you and Chirp.
:sadhug2:

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I know people who have lost birds, not to mention the health troubles many folk's birds are having (including me and Chirp.). Chirp is permanently ill, for the rest of his life. We have to see the vet every 2 weeks, he now has lifelong prescriptions. He was fine until I started feeding WD. He will never be 100% again... and he can't eat solid foods for the foreseeable future, only mushed foods because his beak is fragile now (from the liver issues).

I'm sure there are others who are having issues.
Poppers cleared the hurdle from infection, but how long she has to eat soft foods for I don't know. She too much as in excellent health and had a prior vet visit 6 months before starting wd's which was perfect health. Soon as I started her on Wd's her health went down hill with 4 vet visits.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
The one thing I can say she speaks an enthusiastic tongue. Meaning very excited about her products and that in turn is a great selling feature. Her images look really nice of the products as well.

That is selling it, making with the birds eating this unhealthy, sugar infused garbage. It's like feeding a dog fancy cookie type biscuits all the time. You will end up with a fat, pet missing essential vitamins and minerals.

I get this unhealthy aspect. In my own experience recently with bird muffins. I am neat, clean here and doting. I had 2 muffins out in a zip lock bag. Well after just 3 days, one muffin was starting to get fuzzy!

There is NO WAY her stuff will keep as reported here. You can't see spores!

Now after any muffins cool, by the next day in the freezer they go.

I threw them out. So my science project here proved to me there is no way her goods like the baked balls etc are safe!

My heart goes out to all of you!

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
The one thing I can say she speaks an enthusiastic tongue. Meaning very excited about her products and that in turn is a great selling feature. Her images look really nice of the products as well.

That is selling it, making with the birds eating this unhealthy, sugar infused garbage. It's like feeding a dog fancy cookie type biscuits all the time. You will end up with a fat, pet missing essential vitamins and minerals.

I get this unhealthy aspect. In my own experience recently with bird muffins. I am neat, clean here and doting. I had 2 muffins out in a zip lock bag. Well after just 3 days, one muffin was starting to get fuzzy!

There is NO WAY her stuff will keep as reported here. You can't see spores!

Now after any muffins cool, by the next day in the freezer they go.

I threw them out. So my science project here proved to me there is no way her goods like the baked balls etc are safe!

That is so true...You can't see spores.
And who's to say it's not getting into her WD's products?
Pictures are decieving, like McDonald's or burger king, shows pictures of a big juicy burger, what you really get is a meatless bun!!
Even bulk bird food ( seeds) you get from bird stores or pet stores, they refill the bin with new food over old food. After a while, you have seeds mixed in with old that is months old. Fungal Spores aglore!!! Stay away from bulk at all cost if you can help it.

HappyWingsSanc

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Tanya

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Someone indicated that these were the actual "Beakles" that they sell, purchased from Walmart and NOT organic or homemade. Google Image Result for https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/026b67d6-0096-472c-a3bf-d9fc07f5f73e_1.c0d94751dba1baf7267ac8a4dadf43ba.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF

And that these were the large "beakels". Also, not organic or homemade.

Google Image Result for https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91fP6kGrcXL._SL1500_.jpg
I can and WILL AGREE to this. There is not enough time in the day to produce what she does with 2 People, none.

Her 20 lbs of bites she has just mentioned daily, not sure how you can keep is the machines with an array of products.

As we remember and don't forget the past! Walmart PB powder, the wagon wheel carrot pasta that does not exist. Evidence enough for everyone. And also being in and out of courts scamming. Only liars, cheats and deceiving People are capable of being of such magnitude!

Last edited:

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
The one thing I can say she speaks an enthusiastic tongue.

that's Exactly what happened to Sergei!

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
I know, and he's on the road to recovery! He's eating a great diet again and probably loves the cooked and soaked foods.
Sergei's doing great again. Still a little portly, but we all know how hard it is to lose weight!

I got some great foods from Claire @Love My Zons and Danita @Danita for their morning hot breakfasts and all the babies are really enjoying it!

Status
Not open for further replies.