• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Vendor Etiquette?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I just checked and the weight on the "normal" sized bags has been changed to 1.5 - 1.8 lbs. When did you check the weight of the bags as advertised on the website? I'd be willing to bet she doesn't want to spend the money for new labels and the "employee" gets a ton of blame as did for sending my packages out long after it was cancelled and refunded. TSK... TSK...

It was just this morning. I posted a screenshot a few pages back.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
It's still not even accurate. My bags weigh:

That's 3.65 lbs for 3 bags compared to her estimate of 4.5 to 5.7 lbs for three bags.

I'm out a minimum of 0.85 and up to 2 lbs of food! Not to mention, of course, that when I ordered I was expecting 7.5 lbs.

If she wants to sell by weight, then be accurate.
If she wants to sell by volume, then she needs to figure that out. Either way, there should be SOME sort of consistency.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
It was just this morning. I posted a screenshot a few pages back.
Yep... I saw that screenshot and went and checked a few minutes ago. Diligent in some areas but can't get the "employee" to be as careful. When it comes to fruits listed in ingredients I personally, expect them to be fresh fruit used in recipes and not dried fruit that may contain sulfides as a preservative. Unless, they freeze dry those ingredients and crush and grind them to add to the mix prior to baking... then good. But... if buying in bulk dried fruits that may contain preservatives that may not be healthy I wouldn't want that in my foods. IDK.... after seeing the GV jar of peanut butter I have great doubts about the quality of many of the ingredients that may picked off the shelf at Walmart and used (could be any supplier but that PB is just stuck in my head) . It's just what I picture in my minds eye when I look at the ingredients lists. I know the cranberry sauce ingredient is not listed in the Tropical bites but applesauce and pineapple juice is ( including the crushed mango and apricots - hope those are fresh) and I would hope those only contain natural sugars and no added sugars. I want to be fair and not "suppose" what is or isn't used in the production of those products. But I just can't.

Ingredients:

Ingredients: CRANBERRIES, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, FILTERED WATER, CORN SYRUP, CITRIC ACID.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
It's still not even accurate. My bags weigh:

That's 3.65 lbs for 3 bags compared to her estimate of 4.5 to 5.7 lbs for three bags.

I'm out a minimum of 0.85 and up to 2 lbs of food! Not to mention, of course, that when I ordered I was expecting 7.5 lbs.

If she wants to sell by volume, then she needs to figure that out. Either way, there should be SOME sort of consistency.
It's just this.... when you wait THIS LONG... you ultimately just want your order to be correct and as you ordered it. There should be no excuses of any kind. Most good vendors are going to immediately send out the difference or give you a partial refund.....

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
IDK.... after seeing the GV jar of peanut butter I have great doubts about the quality of many of the ingredients that may picked off the shelf at Walmart and used (could be any supplier but that PB is just stuck in my head) . It's just what I picture in my minds eye when I look at the ingredients lists. I know the cranberry sauce ingredient is not listed in the Tropical bites but applesauce and pineapple juice is ( including the crushed mango and apricots - hope those are fresh) and I would hope those only contain natural sugars and no added sugars. I want to be fair and not "suppose" what is or isn't used in the production of those products. But I just can't.
I totally understand what you're saying. I tasted the tropical bites that I got in late June or early July, they were very sweet. It's anybody's guess what was in them or in what quantity to make them that sweet.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I totally understand what you're saying. I tasted the tropical bites that I got in late June or early July, they were very sweet. It's anybody's guess what was in them or in what quantity to make them that sweet.
Sweetness does make it more palatable for the birds... no question about that. But... it should be all natural sugar from the raw fruit itself. I imagine that would be a great deal of work to buy fresh, process it for inclusion in a recipe, (making sure the fruit is organic) and if any other product is used then making sure it's the raw fruit without added preservatives or added sugars ( my guess would be fresh frozen to be best or freeze dried?) Too bad the percentage of ingredients aren't listed on the packaging as well. For myself as well, there are plenty of foods or drinks I won't buy because of the sugar content. I bought some yogurt a while back that had fruit listed as an ingredient but also sugar free and no sugar substitutes ( I don't remember the brand)... it tasted like crap and I couldn't make myself eat it. I love the taste of Ensure and Boost vanilla flavor and drank those when I went through Chemo because I wasn't eating much.... and did so for a year before I realized... 29 grams of sugar in one small bottle. I stopped using it as a supplement because of that.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly

exactly. I know what I pay per oz for most of their foods, per pound for pellets so that's part of how I make decisions. Don't lie to me about the weight!!!!

It's just this.... when you wait THIS LONG... you ultimately just want your order to be correct and as you ordered it. There should be no excuses of any kind. Most good vendors are going to immediately send out the difference or give you a partial refund.....

Yessssss...... preach it sister.... but she threw that employee under the bus. If there is one. Didn't she say at some whiney point it was her, spouse, and child? Which one is the guilty employee?

I had to reopen my case and may or may not ever see a refund.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie

exactly. I know what I pay per oz for most of their foods, per pound for pellets so that's part of how I make decisions. Don't lie to me about the weight!!!!

Yessssss...... preach it sister.... but she threw that employee under the bus. If there is one. Didn't she say at some whiney point it was her, spouse, and child? Which one is the guilty employee?

I had to reopen my case and may or may not ever see a refund.
I'm very very curious about that. She's been saying for a while that it's just her, the hubby, and their kid working. Stop putting the blame on such and such employee. If you do your stuff right the first time (accurately weighed foods, labels, etc), you're not going to run in to nearly as many problems. I rely food being weighed when I buy. If I'm buying 5 lbs of food, that's what I expect to get - not 3.5 lbs (and not 25 lbs, PetCo, what were you smoking?:rofl:)

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I just checked and the weight on the "normal" sized bags has been changed to 1.5 - 1.8 lbs. When did you check the weight of the bags as advertised on the website? I'd be willing to bet she doesn't want to spend the money for new labels and the "employee" gets a ton of blame as did for sending my packages out long after it was cancelled and refunded. TSK... TSK...
I thought I had seen that she was offering 2.5 lb bags after the drama unfolded.

It was on her Facebook page.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Yep... I saw that screenshot and went and checked a few minutes ago. Diligent in some areas but can't get the "employee" to be as careful. When it comes to fruits listed in ingredients I personally, expect them to be fresh fruit used in recipes and not dried fruit that may contain sulfides as a preservative. Unless, they freeze dry those ingredients and crush and grind them to add to the mix prior to baking... then good. But... if buying in bulk dried fruits that may contain preservatives that may not be healthy I wouldn't want that in my foods. IDK.... after seeing the GV jar of peanut butter I have great doubts about the quality of many of the ingredients that may picked off the shelf at Walmart and used (could be any supplier but that PB is just stuck in my head) . It's just what I picture in my minds eye when I look at the ingredients lists. I know the cranberry sauce ingredient is not listed in the Tropical bites but applesauce and pineapple juice is ( including the crushed mango and apricots - hope those are fresh) and I would hope those only contain natural sugars and no added sugars. I want to be fair and not "suppose" what is or isn't used in the production of those products. But I just can't.

Ingredients:

Ingredients: CRANBERRIES, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, FILTERED WATER, CORN SYRUP, CITRIC ACID.
I highly doubt she's incorporating fresh fruits into these things. No need to add that coconut sugar. Birds do not need SUGAR. Sugar puts a load on an animals endocrine system. It's probably why Ekkielu's Sergie gained 70 grams!!

Screenshot_20190809-233816_Facebook.jpg

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I highly doubt she's incorporating fresh fruits into these things. No need to add that coconut sugar. Birds do not need SUGAR. Sugar puts a load on an animals endocrine system. It's probably why Ekkielu's Sergie gained 70 grams!!

View attachment 314695
How do you even make vast quantities of sugar out of coconuts? That's gotta be a whole lot of coconuts! Would be interesting to see the process it takes!

Karen

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
You can read about the process on the walmart site: (scroll down)

BetterBody Foods Organic Coconut Palm Sugar, 1.5 Lbs - Walmart.com
Hmmmm.... Derived from the nectar of the flower that grows on the coconut tree. Still... that's a LOT of coconut tree flowers. Here's the disclaimer I clicked on in that description:

Legal Disclaimer
Product packaging and material may contain more and/or different information from the website, including the product description, country of origin, nutrition, ingredient, allergen and other information. Always read labels, warnings, and directions and other information provided with the product before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.

Karen

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
When I was checking into the product at the end of July, I read the following statement in the review section on the walmart site:

Glad you like our Organic Coconut Sugar! Our coconut sugar is sourced from the Philippines, Indonesia and/or India, but is packaged in the United States (hence, the American flag). Sorry for the confusion!

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
When I was checking into the products at the end of July, I read the following statement in the review section:

Glad you like our Organic Coconut Sugar! Our coconut sugar is sourced from the Philippines, Indonesia and/or India, but is packaged in the United States (hence, the American flag). Sorry for the confusion!
And with that statement, I find it hard to say those countries have Organic Coconut palms.

Organic only means grown in soil free from pesticides for 3 years from what I've read. Coconut palms grow in the wild!

Status
Not open for further replies.