• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Vendor Etiquette?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
And poppers....along with fungal infection.
So many birdies in the AA family have been negatively affected by the WD products. Who knows how many others are suffering that our community doesn't know about.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
She's growing with popularity. Her FB page was around 730 back when the stuff hit the fan. It's up near 798 now.

She converses well with others. Funny though. Read someone complaining about orders they still have not received from 7/9 and 8/2 but has another sale. Then her reply was right away on its going out tomorrow.

Nothing seems to change. I guess it will take People getting annoyed enough to stop buying it.

Last edited:

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
She's growing with popularity. Her FB page was around 730 back I when the stuff hit the fan. Iys up near 798 now.

She converses well with others. Funny though. Read someone complaining about orders they still have not received from 7/9 and 8/2 but has another sale. Then her reply was right away on its going out tomorrow.

Nothing seems to change. I guess it will take People getting annoyed enough to stop buying it.
Or more babies get really sick or even worse. She told me basically that people like me who don't know what they're doing shouldn't own birds. I blew up on her for that statement!

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
Does anybody have any of this trash food, it really needs to be tested in a lab, to prove our point. Both 'old basement food' and 'new building' food?
By moving she make have brought old equipment with her, that old equipment make carry that mold spores and contaminating 'new building' food as well.

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Does anybody have any of this trash food, it really needs to be tested in a lab, to prove our point. Both 'old basement food' and 'new building' food?
By moving she make have brought old equipment with her, that old equipment make carry that mold spores and contaminating 'new building' food as well.
I still have everything I ordered. I believe it is all from before the move, although I'm not 100% sure. My vet asked me to hang on to it for future testing.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I have a small amount of the Better Bites left from pre-move and 3 full unopened bags in the freezer from the new place.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
It really needs to be tested, sugar in combination with whatever else in this garbage is nearly perfect growing medium for bacteria, fungus and god knows what else. Active petri dishes in bird food, geeeez.

Birdie Mama

Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Hello,

Have been watching this thread and am completely floored that she is still around. Have never bought from her so my baby is fine - maybe a little to fine, he is driving me crazy with his antics!! :bliss:( 17 month old lovebird )

I am in Canada so wondering if you have a Better Business Bureau that she could be listed on. If nothing else, some may check there before they buy anything online and see her report. Just a thought as I agree who has money for lawyers and how many like Poppers and Chirp who have been so impacted. It has to stop somehow!

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Hello,

Have been watching this thread and am completely floored that she is still around. Have never bought from her so my baby is fine - maybe a little to fine, he is driving me crazy with his antics!! :bliss:( 17 month old lovebird )

I am in Canada so wondering if you have a Better Business Bureau that she could be listed on. If nothing else, some may check there before they buy anything online and see her report. Just a thought as I agree who has money for lawyers and how many like Poppers and Chirp who have been so impacted. It has to stop somehow!
I contacted the BBB regarding the WD issues. MM was allowed a rebuttal and said her foods are fine that its US who don't know how to care for our birdies properly and that she's an avian nutritionist.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I contacted the BBB regarding the WD issues. MM was allowed a rebuttal and said her foods are fine that its US who don't know how to care for our birdies properly and that she's an avian nutritionist.

Uhhh okay. Who certified her as an avian nutritionist?

Ok, let's get a count of possible illnesses and deaths
@Hawk12237 , @EkkieLu , @HappyWingsSanc , @finchly , @taxidermynerd
Anybody else please....

2 juveniles, a canary and a finch. Unfortunately I didn't have them necropsied.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
Uhhh okay. Who certified her as an avian nutritionist?
I'd like see her degree, anybody can read a bunch of books, copy other people's recipes and BS their way through life. She is a fake a fraud and constant liar.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Okay.... I received a call today from my credit card company because I didn't open a piece of mail from them regarding a rebuttal from YOU KNOW WHO -WD. I was refunded for both of those orders by going through the process of filing claims. Bear with me while I scream this..... WD A$$-HOLE... is rebutting, the money is being taken back out of my account for those orders I sent back to FRIKEN WD. So now.... I have a PITA where I have to copy these letters, hand write more information, make copies of my emails with JERKOFF WD... and stop at the bank OUT OF MY WAY on friday after I pick my sister up at the airport to have them fax all of this to the CC company because my husband won't be at work to do this for me. I AM BEYOND ANGRY AT THIS STUPID CON PERSON FOR JERKING ME AROUND WHEN SHE COULD HAVE JUST REFUNDED ME FOR THE PRODUCTS BEFORE SHE SENT THEM OUT 12 DAYS AFTER MY CONVERSATION WITH HER BY EMAIL. JERKOFF.. BIIIIIIITC...DIRTBAAAAG... I'm very busy and I don't need to be dealing with this now.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I AM BEYOND ANGRY AT THIS STUPID CON PERSON FOR JERKING ME AROUND WHEN SHE COULD HAVE JUST REFUNDED ME FOR THE PRODUCTS BEFORE SHE SENT THEM OUT 12 DAYS AFTER MY CONVERSATION WITH HER BY EMAIL. JERKOFF.. BIIIIIIITC...DIRTBAAAAG... I'm very busy and I don't need to be dealing with this now.
I am so sorry. *feeling your pain *

I have been to my bank 3 times now. The thing where the USPS returned my package without delivering it is confusing them. And I have no doubt she's rebutting here too. So far no money back; normally I brag on my bank because they're so good about this.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that you are absolutely 100% correct.

I tasted them.

Ohhh. That's maddening. What else is maddening --- I had a bag of chop. It smelled like mint. Even spreading it out and sniffing, you could only smell mint. Not the kind you grow in a garden; the kind you purchase at the store in a shaker bottle when you're in a pinch. If you've ever grown your own and then smelled this stuff you know exactly what I mean. So I guess it wouldn't hurt them but .... kind of weird.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Someone indicated that these were the actual "Beakles" that they sell, purchased from Walmart and NOT organic or homemade. Google Image Result for https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/026b67d6-0096-472c-a3bf-d9fc07f5f73e_1.c0d94751dba1baf7267ac8a4dadf43ba.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF

And that these were the large "beakels". Also, not organic or homemade.

Google Image Result for https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91fP6kGrcXL._SL1500_.jpg

For anyone wanting to compare:

These are simply listed as "Vanilla flavor" which is in line with the commercial product

Bigger Beakels! – Unapproved Vendor's Dailies

Bodacious Beakels – Unapproved Vendor's Dailies

Ingredients I could find: wheat flour, water, sugar, crystalline, salt, yeast baking, baking powder, raising agent, salt, vanilla

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
SALT and SALT. This is why I lost my tiny guys. Birds cannot handle all that salt.

I asked privately on a FB group if I could warn the group, since several of them sing her praises. Was told no.

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
SALT and SALT. This is why I lost my tiny guys. Birds cannot handle all that salt.

I asked privately on a FB group if I could warn the group, since several of them sing her praises. Was told no.
So sad and I agree with you JUST MADDENING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.