• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Vendor Etiquette?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
There is no "feeding of information."

If she wants to get a Tax ID - good!
If she wants to get certified organic - good!
If she wants to prove she is compliant with animal feed laws - good!
If she wants to send her food in for independent lab testing - good!
If she wants to improve her business practices to prevent issues for customers and herself in the future - good!
If she wants to see how many people are upset and asking for refunds - good!

In no way does pointing out the issues people are having HURT. It can only benefit.

If she wants to improve her business practices to prevent issues for customers and herself in the future - good!

In no way does pointing out the issues people are having HURT. It can only benefit.

Well said... Businesses are full of surprises.
Think she (WD) sunk her teeth in too far, with unrealistic claims of her products to get business going, then became very overwhelmed when business spiked suddenly from promoting, and couldn't keep up, cut corners and hurt herself in process.
The potential is there to be a good business, but she has to follow procedures. Not steer around them. Right now she'll have very big upward battle to re-establish a customer base that will trust in the product. Not impossible, but a big public apology is needed, and lay down the terms to make it right with everyone. That's step number one. Then make products the way they are suppose to be. Doing it the right way.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Nice, natural ingredients. But many have healing properties. It's almost like a copy of the Twin Beaks Herb Salad. By using certain herbs in excess can be a bad thing. Using the correct herbs for known health issues is beneficial. Not the other way around as in preventive.

And too much of some even good can be detrimental in excess.

Yea exactly! Nice natural ingredients, but many of them do the exact same thing. And too much of one thing an have a negative effect.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris

Correct the goal should be for her to know what the issues are and become compliant with the laws.

This thread was moved awhile ago out of a member only area so it could be viewed by the public.

CeciliaZ

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
I agree - there is potential there to be a good business - but I will not give her another chance. Customers still waiting for there orders placed weeks ago and refunds for those who cancelled.

I did not mention this before because other members here were promoting her products so highly. Yes, I also ordered from her. The first order was from the chop sale. Received my order only after a couple weeks after a member here brought it to her attention on one of these threads. Was told there would be freebies included - never got those. OK - no big deal. When I opened the box - there was a small bug crawling around. Checked the 3 packages I ordered. Those looked Ok. All right - I guess a bug can get in the packing box.

The second order I bought the fried rice kit and the sampler box. Looked at those carefully. In one of the sampler packages - it was a mash mix - there was a small bug in that! Ok - maybe a bug from the flour - threw that out. Too afraid to feed anything else.

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
Word of mouth goes both ways. Im glad people started comparing notes.

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I keep going back to her court cases in Wisconsin, 25 of them! :shocking:
These are just the people that actually filed in 1 state! It makes me question, how many people chose to not file? How many times was she not caught? How many other states does she have a record in? Most people make mistakes, and some might be with the law, but to have 25 actual court cases says career criminal to me.

Her use of PB powder without listing it, could potentially kill someone or land them in the hospital with possible anaphylactic shock.

My heart aches for our long term members that still believe in her, and I truly hope that they don't pay for that belief with the loss of one of their birds.
I'm not sure how they would recover from that :sad1:

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
Her use of PB powder without listing it, could potentially kill someone or land them in the hospital with possible anaphylactic shock.
Confirmed. In a non-FB post within the past 48 hours, she did acknowledge the fried rice mix she sold contained powdered PB in case anyone bought that product.

Last edited:

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Confirmed. In a non-FB post within the past 48 hours, she did acknowledge the fried rice mix she sold contained powdered PB in case anyone bought that product.

Yes, I saw that as well, and the fact that is was not listed.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Ohhhh....now i find out! Had 2 packages of that! Thanks for the heads up. I have a sick bird, And she doesn't eat peanuts.
vet confirmed yesterday a food related allergy... Oh great!!!

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Those long term AA members - I am still shocked at this...they have to be reading these posts, right? And they are not concerned, cautious? I don't get it...

I also believe that a lot of other members gave the food a shot, BECAUSE long term great standing members who are known for being overly cautious trusted the food and her :(
I know I considered getting it as well because of that, but she was too new for me, so I passed.

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
Yes, I saw that as well, and the fact that is was not listed.
That was my worry when I first saw that. Also, she didnt know the ingredients that went into the powdered PB was also worrisome when someone asked. Basically, it seemed like she had no problems making proclamations about her food but then would "check" if anyone questioned or asked for more information.

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
Ohhhh....now i find out! Had 2 packages of that! Thanks for the heads up. I have a sick bird, And she doesn't eat peanuts.
vet confirmed yesterday a food related allergy... Oh great!!!
Im sorry to hear that, but hopefully this helps your vet in treating the problem.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
aaaaagh great! Just great!! Dang! I have a sick bird and she doesn't like peanuts at all.
Vet confirmed food allergy to something she ate.I
Have 2 packs of that fried rice. One they consumed,the other not opened. has web clumps!

CeciliaZ

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
I also believe that a lot of other members gave the food a shot, BECAUSE long term great standing members who are known for being overly cautious trusted the food and her :(
I know I considered getting it as well because of that, but she was too new for me, so I passed.
Never heard of WD before - until those members here posted about it. And it seems they still trust her.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Oh dear Michael :( Is this Poppers that is sick? I hope that helps you to get her treated and feeling better soon!:sadhug:

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
Although we can see the "ingredients" when it comes to dried fruits/veggies, nuts, etc, WD sold "seasoning" and "dressing" for her mixes. I would caution anyone who bought products that included these flavorings to, if you choose to continue to use it, PROCEED WITH CAUTION.

Status
Not open for further replies.