• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Vendor Etiquette?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Mary @Hankmacaw is a highly respected member of the community and we all love and respect her. She'll say it like it is.
Personally I didn't see anything offensive in what she said. I like her, she thinks very much like I do.
And I too will say it like it is.
If you find her offensive and rude, you haven't met some of us others yet.
Take a deep breath and relax, enjoy the forum, respect the feed back, even if it's not what you want to hear. We're a lovely group of people here.

Spread the love! :kiss2:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
How about instead of debating verbiage and language, or correct level of outrage, we just focus on helping each other with facts and experience so everyone reading this can make an educated decision about what is best for their birds?

Yes some people are harsher than others; that fact is true in every aspect of life whether it is how someone disciplines their child to how they tell someone they have spinach in their teeth. We could argue all day about etiquette, tact, and what is "proper" but at the end of the day, it doesn't change that people feel cheated by a company, hurt by friends, and worried for their birds. I don't have to agree with someone's approach to understand the emotion fueling it.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
What I find amazing is how fast MM/WD gets things accomplished shortly after we speak of them here. Things like business licences, food inspections etc etc. The little elves that peruse both sites are telling her. If you are one of the elves, so be it. But we have given you the info to better her business. Now its up to her, but knowing her previous history we are not impressed. Possibly sick birds, people being scammed out of their hard earn cash, all the court records for reimbursements is not who I care to know or do any type of business with.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
o how they tell someone they have spinach in their teeth.
Just TELL ME! I have spinach in my lunch today. Gonna be hard to eat now....

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
What I find amazing is how fast MM/WD gets things accomplished shortly after we speak of them here. Things like business licences, food inspections etc etc. The little elves that peruse both sites are telling her. If you are one of the elves, so be it. But we have given you the info to better her business. Now its up to her, but knowing her previous history we are not impressed. Possibly sick birds, people being scammed out of their hard earn cash, all the court records for reimbursements is not who I care to know or do any type of business with.

Okey Dokey... here goes..... MM.... I WANT MY REFUND!!!!! I hope that message gets across. :angry101:

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I didn't realize your birds were having health issues too. My budgie, Chirp, is experiencing a couple of symptoms (mainly rapid beak growth) and the only thing that had changed leading up to this was me starting to feed items from this vendor. I'm hoping it's nothing too serious, we see the vet on Thursday. I hope your babies will be alright :hug8:
Yea they are.... Both on a bit of meds.
Of all the products, the vet suspects this one..
.( See picture) And a couple others.
Because much of it is flower based, and is the only product I have from WD's that list the
"Contents".... Exactly how much is anyone's
Guess. There's no breakdown of it or percentage. Too much of some of these items can be toxic to some birds.
Being flower based product, it's also respectable to high pollen content, even mold spores.
IMG_20190814_103433.jpg IMG_20190814_103519.jpg

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
She stated several weeks ago on her site that she received her tax id and was setting up an inspection when she was bragging about her new site.

A tax I’d number is just that. It is not a license to sell animal feed in Illinois that she is required to have

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
I would also like to say that this is why I love AA. We are a family and we are here to support each other and I love the fact that we do. I also want to thank everyone for the walk down memory lane...although I think I'm getting old...I don't remember a lot of stuff from the Perch other than the crazy guy who ran it into the ground and how weird he was! LOL!
Since we are going down memory lane briefly, remember when I first started T4W and I had the craziest shipping boxes? I lived in a condo and the nice older lady down the hall wanted to help out, so she gave me all her Depends boxes. They would be left at my door. I couldn't take them to recycling because she would see them! I didn't want to hurt her feelings.
So I was shipping toys in Depends boxes.

Or boxes from The Department of Corrections, my husband would bring them home. OR I would get cool boxes from Costco. One was a cardboard box that said "50 Shades of Grey" Qty 25 URGENT Immediate Stock or something like that :lol:

If I did that now?!?!?!? :omg:

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
Yea they are.... Both on a bit of meds.
Of all the products, the vet suspects this one..
.( See picture) And a couple others.
Because much of it is flower based, and is the only product I have from WD's that list the
"Contents".... Exactly how much is anyone's
Guess. There's no breakdown of it or percentage. Too much of some of these items can be toxic to some birds.
Being flower based product, it's also respectable to high pollen content, even mold spores.
View attachment 312758 View attachment 312759
That is not organic, not a chance.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
She stated several weeks ago on her site that she received her tax id and was setting up an inspection when she was bragging about her new site.

A tax I’d number is just that. It is not a license to sell animal feed in Illinois that she is required to have
I understand that chris but I think we have feed enough info to the little elves

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
There is no "feeding of information."

If she wants to get a Tax ID - good!
If she wants to get certified organic - good!
If she wants to prove she is compliant with animal feed laws - good!
If she wants to send her food in for independent lab testing - good!
If she wants to improve her business practices to prevent issues for customers and herself in the future - good!
If she wants to see how many people are upset and asking for refunds - good!

In no way does pointing out the issues people are having HURT. It can only benefit.

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
That is not organic, not a chance.
Of course not!!! It
Has..milk thistle, straw, oats straw, lemon myrtle, thyme, rose hips, plantain, dandelion, marshmallow, chickweed, garlic, olive leaf, red clover, elderberry, barberry, kelp, yarrow, astragalus, lavender, spirulina,wheatgrass,, manganese, dill weed, raspberry leaves, peppermint leaves, calendula, rosemary...
Sounds nice...But too much of one thing enhances the other and vice versa... Like a person taking too much vitamins at once...Can be toxic right?
Think what too much of this does to a bird?
I feel stupid letting my birds have this now.
no break down of how much of each ingredient is in here. And have two packs of this. One I used. This one not opened yet.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Of course not!!! It
Has..milk thistle, straw, oats straw, lemon myrtle, thyme, rose hips, plantain, dandelion, marshmallow, chickweed, garlic, olive leaf, red clover, elderberry, barberry, kelp, yarrow, astragalus, lavender, spirulina,wheatgrass,, manganese, dill weed, raspberry leaves, peppermint leaves, calendula, rosemary...
Sounds nice...But too much of one thing enhances the other and vice versa... Like a person taking too much vitamins at once...Can be toxic right?
Think what too much of this does to a bird?
I feel stupid letting my birds have this now.
no break down of how much of each ingredient is in here. And have two packs of this. One I used. This one not opened yet.
Nice, natural ingredients. But many have healing properties. It's almost like a copy of the Twin Beaks Herb Salad. By using certain herbs in excess can be a bad thing. Using the correct herbs for known health issues is beneficial. Not the other way around as in preventive.

And too much of some even good can be detrimental in excess.

Status
Not open for further replies.