• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Vendor Etiquette?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Hmmm, okay that was all-out mean, especially suggesting that I don't care about my bird's welfare. That's not at all what I said. I did not tell others what to feel - to not be angry or anything else. I, in fact agree with being angry if you've been ripped off and agree with taking appropriate action. I'm not saying anything about her character, good or bad. I'm cautioning against the all out hatred I'm seeing in some posts (like yours toward me). If you're angry about my words, that's your decision to be angry. And quite honestly, I don't care what group you put me into.
All I can say is this is a very sad situation. We are talking the welfare of our loved pets............yes birds. Tough some are, some aren't as tough and can fall victim to what we think we are doing good when it's bad, very bad food! So everyone has a right to voice their concern in any way they want to. When you uncover the past of this Women is she even credible? Heck no!! Not one bit. I have not purchased any of her foods. As a Vendor myself, I pride my blood, sweat and tears and cost to create and manage it as anyone with an Avian Business. Do you think I am going to stand there and not say anything for the many here who entrust in me and support me? The right thing to do is to speak up for those who don't want to who have money on the line. I don't, never placed any order. So I saw a reason that I could speak up for them. My risk was possibly damaging my persona and my store.

It was the risk I took and you know what? No guts, no glory. She's exposed, a thief and a liar. Are you really going to trust someone with your hard earned money who has been in court time and time again being sued for not paying who SHE owes?

And if you are referring to any comments I had made of a long time member here, darn straight they were. You don't sit there and post thread after thread of your birds eating this junk! All the while everyone else is waiting for their orders. And then to support this Women in addition helping her create a forum. A Women who has sick birds alot, one requires oxygen some days. A Person who isn't the least bit nice to other new members. One who tells People to never get a bird if they had an accident, or injury. Yet this Person stepped on her own bird one time injuring it while doing aerobics. You don't do this to others, yet do and have the same issues others do. Get everyone here onto this most awesome food ever...............it's not, who sells moldy, webby and maggot infested food and sends it out the door to bird savvy homes?

Mean? Maybe...........to the point sure, that's how I roll.

<rant off>

Last edited:

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael

Gazimon

Sprinting down the street
Break it down PP could be $37.50 by 20 People, or less if 40 chip in!
If a donation page is set up I would not mind contributing a bit. I'd hate to think someone is out there preying on our community. If it were not for everyone sharing information here I would not have learned to differentiate between the bad google 'bird info' pages. Not sure what laws there are if it was termed donation, so maybe a different terminology.

SmallFeather

Walking the driveway
I just got through this thread and I am shaken to my core. I had recently made a large order from WD and was eagerly waiting for it to ship, until I read this thread. I just can not support a business with so many moral and nutritional flaws. I have sent in a request for a refund, and I really hope I get it soon. I only have a very limited amount of money for bird food from work I do for my parents and I spent over a hundred dollars of my savings on food from WD thinking it was the best. :( Marsha was kind to me and I feel so betrayed and taken advantage of when I only want what is best for my birds. When I hopefully get a refund, I think I will purchase food from Avian Organics; anyone have any recommendations with what products to start with for small birds? Is any of the freeze dried stuff small enough for a budgie and a cockatiel?

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I just got through this thread and I am shaken to my core. I had recently made a large order from WD and was eagerly waiting for it to ship, until I read this thread. I just can not support a business with so many moral and nutritional flaws. I have sent in a request for a refund, and I really hope I get it soon. I only have a very limited amount of money for bird food from work I do for my parents and I spent over a hundred dollars of my savings on food from WD thinking it was the best. :( Marsha was kind to me and I feel so betrayed and taken advantage of when I only want what is best for my birds. When I hopefully get a refund, I think I will purchase food from Avian Organics; anyone have any recommendations with what products to start with for small birds? Is any of the freeze dried stuff small enough for a budgie and a cockatiel?
Good luck, let us know if you receive your refund.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
@Danita info on your foods please ;)

Please dont worry here! Now you know and we will get you some good food for your birdies. :)

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
You can email me
danitas5parrots@gmail.com

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
You guys are on fire tonight.
Lynn
If you see something that is out of line you are welcome to say so. We all do :lol:
I am sure there are comments on here that come across as awful. Everyone is emotionally invested in this. It’s been going on for a few days. Started small then escalated pretty quick. If she just refunded peoples money there wouldn’t be such a big deal but she isn’t.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Hi Hawk. I did buy food from this vendor but didn't have the same experience as many others. I can empathize because I have been lied to, ripped off, etc. in other situations. My personal opinion is that I try to take effective action, put my money where my mouth is, file complaints if it's bad enough. If I hadn't received the product but was charged or if the quality was obviously bad, I would take action. Hatred though harms the hater more than it harms the hated. I'm going to screw up this quote but it's something like 'Hating is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die'.

But it's so hard not to read it - it's like trying not to look at that gruesome accident on the highway. :wideyed: Seriously though, a forum is a place to interact and post opinions. I'm just offering a different point of view which was done respectfully. :hug5:
No one here is hating, and my post was not aimed at hating. Angry, yes perhaps.
Let me phrase it another way.
A couple months back I placed a large order because the product looked good. And thought, gee, I could cut prep time and have food all ready for birds and have more me time. Less running to 4 or 5 stores for bird supplies.
For about 6-7 weeks they ate a variety of things from WD's.
Now, my birds both went to vet today, both are a bit off. My Zon especially. She has swollen feet, inflamed feathers frollicles, plugged nostrils, redness on skin. And sluggish.
Vet took blood samples and waiting results.
But her condition is one he's positive it's a allergic reaction to food eaten. She's been on WD's up to about a week ago, and I'm now back on my old diet and she is a little livelier.
The only thing that can be food related is WD's products...it's all she was on for past six weeks.
Something antigens...too much protein for starters, and without an ingredient list, hard to know exactly what's in it.
For example, WD's products are aimed at all birds. There no distinguishing products. You see while some birds can have certain things, others can not. Amazon's and certain macaws are prone to allergies to certain ingredients. Elevated white blood count test will show this. My vet suspects high concentrations of pollen may have gotten into food source. Considering some of her products. In some birds this can cause problems.
heck a cockatiel will actually cry out pulling out an irratated feather... Sad to see.
It's even noted that WD had sick birds on and off, how close proximity were they to the food preparation? There's a lot of variables here.
No one here is bashing you, your free to say what you like. But you have to take opinions and views right back. I can be nice as an Angel, or the devil himself. Thats me. Right now I have a very sick bird and all points to the products... And I'm no mr. Nice guy right now.
As for the rest of the communities comments..that's who we are. And we're family,
and many know your also on WD's cafe site as a member. Me I don't care, you can be a member to all parrot sites.

Last edited:

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
No one here is hating, and my post was not aimed at hating. Angry, yes perhaps.
Let me phrase it another way.
A couple months back I placed a large order because the product looked good. And thought, gee, I could cut prep time and have food all ready for birds and have more me time. Less running to 4 or 5 stores for bird supplies.
For about 6-7 weeks they ate a variety of things from WD's.
Now, my birds both went to vet today, both are a bit off. My Zon especially. She has swollen feet, inflamed feathers frollicles, plugged nostrils, redness on skin. And sluggish.
Vet took blood samples and waiting results.
But her condition is one he's positive it's a allergic reaction to food eaten. She's been on WD's up to about a week ago, and I'm now back on my old diet and she is a little livelier.
The only thing that can be food related is WD's products...it's all she was on for past six weeks.
Something antigens...too much protein for starters, and without an ingredient list, hard to know exactly what's in it.
For example, WD's products are aimed at all birds. There no distinguishing products. You see while some birds can have certain things, others can not. Amazon's and certain macaws are prone to allergies to certain ingredients. Elevated white blood count test will show this. My vet suspects high concentrations of pollen may have gotten into food source. Considering some of her products. In some birds this can cause problems.
heck a cockatiel will actually cry out pulling out an irratated feather... Sad to see.
It's even noted that WD had sick birds on and off, how close proximity were they to the food preparation? There's a lot of variables here.
No one here is bashing you, your free to say what you like. But you have to take opinions and views right back. I can be nice as an Angel, or the devil himself. Thats me. Right now I have a very sick bird and all points to the products... And I'm no mr. Nice guy right now.
As for the rest of the communities comments..that's who we are. And we're family,
and many know your also on WD's cafe site as a member. Me I don't care, you can be a member to all parrot sites.
I didn't realize your birds were having health issues too. My budgie, Chirp, is experiencing a couple of symptoms (mainly rapid beak growth) and the only thing that had changed leading up to this was me starting to feed items from this vendor. I'm hoping it's nothing too serious, we see the vet on Thursday. I hope your babies will be alright :hug8:

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
It's even noted that WD had sick birds on and off, how close proximity were they to the food preparation?
This is what I think about. If she’s got such a poor track record and bad business practices, then it doesn’t seem like she would be careful with any type of contamination, either from birds or the food prep practices or environment. I feel sad that your bird is sick, and I hope she bounces back quickly!

HappyWingsSanc

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Tanya
I didn't realize your birds were having health issues too. My budgie, Chirp, is experiencing a couple of symptoms (mainly rapid beak growth) and the only thing that had changed leading up to this was me starting to feed items from this vendor. I'm hoping it's nothing too serious, we see the vet on Thursday. I hope your babies will be alright :hug8:
Have your vet run bloodwork. Ours had same issues with beaks rapidly growing. Vet suspects something is affecting kidneys. We are awaiting results.

Lynn L.

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lynn
Yes you said what you said with very nice language, but you denigrated the experience that many people have had with "This Woman". Maybe you had no problems and that is all you needed to say - not tell others that they shouldn't be angry and harsh about the money stolen (ranging from $15 - $600 for one person), the lies told and the potential danger to their birds. Maybe you care more about someone's feelings than your bird's welfare. ...
You made me angry by telling others how they should feel and how they should react to an experience that you haven't had.
Do you remember the saying - Fool me once, shame, shame on you. Fool me twice shame, shame on me. You will always belong in the second group.
Hmmm, okay that was all-out mean, especially suggesting that I don't care about my bird's welfare. ...
Mean? Maybe...........to the point sure, that's how I roll.

<rant off>
My response was specifically to the post above which is both inaccurate about what I said and directly insulting to me. It wasn't a comment on anything other than Hankmacaw's post.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
My response was specifically to the post above which is both inaccurate about what I said and directly insulting to me. It wasn't a comment on anything other than Hankmacaw's post.
I saw that, and I am not directing anything at you. Just letting you know there is frustration with many, and how this community stands behind one another.

As for how some word things? I am generally nice, but always straight forward. In life there is no reason with an issue such as this one to sugar coat the truth and People's feelings or views.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Mary @Hankmacaw is a highly respected member of the community and we all love and respect her. She'll say it like it is.
Personally I didn't see anything offensive in what she said. I like her, she thinks very much like I do.
And I too will say it like it is.
If you find her offensive and rude, you haven't met some of us others yet.
Take a deep breath and relax, enjoy the forum, respect the feed back, even if it's not what you want to hear. We're a lovely group of people here.

Status
Not open for further replies.