1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Unprovoked Biting (Bobber)

Discussion in 'Behavior Byway' started by Mizzely, 5/9/18.

1. Mizzely

Mizzely Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Vendor I Can't Stop Posting! BINGO CHAMPION

Shawna

Seriously lol. 2 days ago he was trying to mate with me and now I'm the enemy. I am not at all above bribery!!

faislaq, webchirp, JLcribber and 3 others like this.
  2. WendyN

WendyN Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

Wendy
    Joey has been like that for a week now...:faint:

faislaq and CrazyBirdChick like this.
  3. Hjarta5

Hjarta5 Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month

Jennifer
    I googled "Quaker helmet" and got this... :coffeescreen: Not sure if Bobber will become more or less amorous with you if you had this on your head :hehe:

[​IMG]

4. finchly

finchly Biking along the boulevard Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Vendor

Tanya
    This is going to sound awful but thank goodness I’m not the only one enduring hormonal season! It’s getting to where I can’t wait for everyone to go in their cages. :wideyed:

5. WendyN

WendyN Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

Wendy
    Joey is out to get me with a vengeance. I have managed to get away with a few minor puncture bites. :hehe:
    I use the t-stick to transport him and engage him in getting him to dance and do some tricks.
    Stay safe everyone.:leslieatwork:

faislaq and finchly like this.
  6. finchly

finchly Biking along the boulevard Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Vendor

Tanya
    LOL

7. Shinobi

Shinobi Jogging around the block

CrazyBirdChick didn't express an opinion or view. She mis-read my post and then chose to name call and insult.

But at least she apologised.

8. JLcribber

JLcribber Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Shutterbugs' Best

John
    [​IMG][​IMG]

9. Eloy

Eloy Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Shutterbugs' Best

J.T
    And this: And you will be safe. :D
    [​IMG]

10. Mizzely

Mizzely Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Vendor I Can't Stop Posting! BINGO CHAMPION

Shawna
  11. Mizzely

Shawna
    So far today, no bites, no obnoxious screaming. Bobber is happily chewing on some toys and Jingo is guarding my coffee mug (his favorite activity).

This is day 4 of Bobber being good. Day 1 for Jingo :lol:

12. Hjarta5

Hjarta5 Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month

Jennifer
    Good job, Bobber! :laughing12: Hopefully Jingo doesnt feel thats its his responsibility to fill that void now... ;)

faislaq, Eloy and Mizzely like this.
  13. Mizzely

Shawna

Time will tell :lol:

Hjarta5 likes this.
  14. WendyN

Wendy
    Joey is better as well....
    For the moment anyway!
    :rofl:

sunnysmom, Eloy and Mizzely like this.
  15. faislaq

faislaq I have a macaw and don't post enough photos Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award I Can't Stop Posting! POSTAHOLIC

Karen
    When we got a king bed I kept our queen sheets because the fitted sheets fit perfectly over the dogs' loveseat. Would putting different colors/patterns of sheets over the sofa as a slipcover help, too?

:cheer: Way to go! I admire your resolve.

16. Mizzely

Shawna

I'll check! I've been wanting to get one for at least the back of the couch because of the bird poop anyways :)

Bobber spent most of his day chewing on a hanging playgym in the living room, away from his cage (which was still in the dining room). He never plays with toys away from his cage. So win for us!

faislaq and finchly like this.
  17. camelotshadow

camelotshadow Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Avenue Veteran

LOL

Put a sheet over the couch with something they are afraid of...???

Maybe a lifesize photo of JL Cribber??? Or his nose..

:wacky::roflmao::rofl:

Last edited: 5/16/18
  18. finchly

Tanya
    That is a great idea and an easier solution that replacing the couch, the bird, the spouse, the TV..... oops sorry.

I don't' know how you have handled 5 months of screaming, @Mizzely . you deserve an award.

And I know someone said to avoid 'fear' inducing things but I tell you what, I'd put something at least a little scary (or something that at least makes them think twice) on that couch, or on the back of it!

faislaq and Mizzely like this.
  19. Mizzely

Shawna

That's what we're doing currently. Those draft blockers for the door work great I'm finding

Just-passn-thru and faislaq like this.
  20. faislaq

faislaq I have a macaw and don't post enough photos Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award I Can't Stop Posting! POSTAHOLIC

Karen
    Good idea. :chin: If I needed to keep Buzzard away from something I could keep him away with raw veggies because they are still the devil, evidently, and to be avoided at all cost. :meh:

Just-passn-thru, Eloy and Mizzely like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)