• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Unprovoked Biting (Bobber)

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Good idea. :chin: If I needed to keep Buzzard away from something I could keep him away with raw veggies because they are still the devil, evidently, and to be avoided at all cost. :meh:
So now I know how your home will look like... :D
Perhaps so odd so you create a new interior style - The No Buzz Here Veggies style. :p

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
So now I know how your home will look like... :D
Perhaps so odd so you create a new interior style - The No Buzz Here Veggies style. :p

I'm picturing random bunches of kale on the TV and green beans scattered on the counter :lol:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I'm picturing random bunches of kale on the TV and green beans scattered on the counter :lol:
Didn't you see @Eloy's post? Veggie décor is the next hottest thing!

BirdManDan

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Dan
I have been taught to keep things consistently inconsistent so you bird will never know what's up. This goes for rewards as well as interactions. It has worked wonders for my fids. My birds gets a great deal of sunlight so I'm not sure if that's it, but I have very little hormonal attitude from my birds. So several of these threads are very foreign to me as I have not had to deal with them. Trust me I count my blessings every day as a result.
30324-Count-Your-Blessings-Not-Your-Problems.jpg
count-your-blessings-pic.jpg

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
consistently inconsistent

Is my mantra :lol: I can't stick to a schedule for the life of me. My birds are always getting things changed up, whether it is rearranging placement of cages, or moving around perches, changing up the food, or letting them sleep an extra hour.

It might also be the species. I NEVER had stuff like this with my Hahns and Green Cheek. Only the Quakers!

BirdManDan

Real Name
Dan

Is my mantra :lol: I can't stick to a schedule for the life of me. My birds are always getting things changed up, whether it is rearranging placement of cages, or moving around perches, changing up the food, or letting them sleep an extra hour.

It might also be the species. I NEVER had stuff like this with my Hahns and Green Cheek. Only the Quakers!

We had several Quakers both green and blue and did not have issues with them either. Maybe sun has more to do with it than we think????? We ended up having to rehome them all because we could not take them to our Georgia mountain home which we try to get up there as often as possible to get out of the infernal heat of South Florida. Can't wait to retire up there.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Possibly. Only happens in the spring for me so hard to say, as we had snow until last week of April.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Bobber has not bitten Josh in 10 days. We seem to have found our groove again. He's very attached to an I Got a Woody swing I got from @April and he's finally mastered dividing his time between his cage and the hanging stuff in the dining room with the swing in the living room. He has been choosing to be with us in the living room for the majority of the day.

Today he finally ate off a spoon without biting it, though he alarm called in between each bite.

PSX_20180521_132515.jpg

Screaming for Bobber is way, way down. Jingo is currently Jekyll and Hyde. He's bitten me a few times this weekend but then is super sweet 20 mins later. He's screeching more but overall, things have settled down now that Bobber hasn't made himself bound to one room, and the quakers aren't fighting as much between themselves (unless there is bird bread involved :lol:)

Overall, I think this storm is disappating.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Great news. :)

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
:giveme5:

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Good to have a break!
:)

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
You're paid up..................... for now. :lol: :D

RaeT

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rae
I'm glad things are finally starting to calm down for you :)

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Bobber has not bitten Josh in 10 days. We seem to have found our groove again. He's very attached to an I Got a Woody swing I got from @April and he's finally mastered dividing his time between his cage and the hanging stuff in the dining room with the swing in the living room. He has been choosing to be with us in the living room for the majority of the day.

Today he finally ate off a spoon without biting it, though he alarm called in between each bite.

View attachment 277394

Screaming for Bobber is way, way down. Jingo is currently Jekyll and Hyde. He's bitten me a few times this weekend but then is super sweet 20 mins later. He's screeching more but overall, things have settled down now that Bobber hasn't made himself bound to one room, and the quakers aren't fighting as much between themselves (unless there is bird bread involved :lol:)

Overall, I think this storm is disappating.
Awesome job!! Congratulations! Your work is paying off!:D