• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

(**Sad Update**) SICK

Status
Not open for further replies.

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
Enjoy her - but watch her. You know your sweet Phoenix. :) So happy to hear she is doing better.

She may be drinking - when you are not watching her. It seems my tiels drink very little...I always see them eating but don't notice them drinking a lot.

rockybird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Mindee77, that is wonderful news. It is was your diligence and perseverance that got her this far. She is very lucky to have you.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Continued prayers! Glad she is feeling better. :hug8:

mindee77

Strolling the yard
We love her so much I am so grateful that I knew my baby was fighting and it wasn't time for her to leave us. She is a amazing little girl. When she gets better I can't wait to hear all about your babies. I love everyone.. :heart:

carkam

Avenue Veteran
Continued prayers for your beautiful little girl! :heart: :heart:

Karen

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thinking of Phoenix and sending love, strength and healing thoughts her way.

LunaHestia

Formerly ZoeyBird
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Melissa
So glad to hear she is doing better!! We definitely needed some good news around here!! :dance4:

mindee77

Strolling the yard
Awesome News.. Her feet are pink.plus they are warm! She looks more relaxed. She is eating a ton. She is making her cute noises more often.. She is going to pull through for sure!! I am so blessed to have all of you.. I am going to call the vet tomorrow and give them great news and tell them how grateful I am for them helping my baby girl.. She is going to have monthly birth control shots but that's nothing really she will also be on liquid calcium for awhile. Her wings look normal not hanging also she is going to the bathroom more often and not straining at all.. Her color is back. My baby is back.

Karen

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Excellent news! WTG Phoenix!!

rockybird

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
That is the best news!!!

Kellie728

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kellie
So happy to hear that! You did a great job taking care of her.

CeciliaZ

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
Such great news - I am sooo happy for you. I agree - you did a great job taking care of her.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Very glad to read that she continues to improve and is getting back to her normal and healthy self. You've done a great job hanging in there with her and not giving up and she did a great job fighting. Hope she is 100% soon. :)

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
:dancing: I'm am so very happy for you! That's such great news! You are an awesome mom to her!
:laughing12: :dance4: :dance5:

Lo_

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
Yay!!! :bliss: :bliss: :starshower: :starshower:
I am so glad to read this! As the others have said I hope that she is at 100% as soon as possible, and you did a great job :cheer:

mindee77

Strolling the yard
Its great to just relax some and enjoy her and have to worry.. We are watching her like a hawk.. I have kept a journal since she got sick and wrote down each day how she was feeling and any symptoms she had. I can't wait to start really looking into this great site and reading everyone stories. The support I got from everyone here has been a life line. She is eating like herself the only thing she gets tired so fast.. Her wings are not clipped so she still has not flown for three weeks now. Time I guess will tell. She is such a cuddled and that's what we do. She is the sweetest bird we have and we have six... Birds are amazing and I love all of mine and enjoy all their personalities.

Parrotluv... that is what the xray showed was a huge cyst on the ovaries her vent area was swollen four times bigger also her bones also showed that they were hollow so her body was using her calcium from her bones. They also told us that we were loving her to death. Iam glad its over and we are on the road to recovery..

JosienBB

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Glad Phoenix is feeling better, but I thought birds' bones were naturally hollow? So they can fly...

Status
Not open for further replies.