• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

(**Sad Update**) SICK

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Wonderful news. I'm so glad that she's doing better. :)

mindee77

Strolling the yard
Sorry I wrote that wrong her bones should have been hollow but most of her bones showed a build up because her body was trying everything to help get get better. Her Calcium was really low and her body was taking it from her bones.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Thanks for the update. I'm so glad she pulled through! :tongue2: It seemed so scary there for awhile. Please let us know how the vet appointment goes.

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
Good to hear she is doing well. Keep us updated. It has been so sad here...happy her story has a happy ending. :)

mindee77

Strolling the yard
Just wanted to you guys a update she has taken a turn for the worse. Two days ago I noticed her vent area getting swollen and today her feet are blue and she is opened mouth breathing again. Her feet are cold and she is not drinking or eating. She was doing so well and than BAM.. I am worried sick.. She just wants to sleep. We are taking her to the vet at 5:00 today. Just so worried.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Oh no. I'm so sorry. I hope she's okay- keep is posted.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Oh no... :hug8:

mindee77

Strolling the yard
Its crazy she was doing so well and she is so Sick now. We had a apt for tomorrow but I called and changed it for today. Just waiting until we can go. She is breathing so hard.

Jeddy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
Maybe they can squeeze you in sounds like an emergency. I will keep you all in my prayers. I know that feeling very well.

mindee77

Strolling the yard
They did squeeze us in at that time but I will probably show up early. Feeling Frustrated.

QBird

Jogging around the block
Oh my word, I hope she does okay and things go well tomorrow, will be thinking about you, I just read this thread and got to the part where she started to do better then this, it's a heartbreaking read in itself, I hope it all goes well in the morning.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sorry that Phoenix is not doing well again. Hope that things turn around and she starts to get better. Let us know about the results of the vet appt.

gibsongrrrl

Courtney Lou Hoo
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Courtney Lou Hoo
I just read through this whole thread and am so disappointed that she is unwell again. I know you must be heartbroken. Sending lots of good vibes your way. I also noticed in the photo you posted that she has what looks like corn cob bedding on her playstand. I just wanted to mention that it is known to cause aspergillosis in parrots. I'd hate for you to have more issues on top of what is already going on with her :heart: :hug8: :heart:

kitsunebandit

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Just read through the whole thread. What an up and down story :( I'm so sorry that you're going through this. You're trying your hardest and you're giving her as much love as you can. Please let us know how she gets on at the vets again. Poor baby. I will bet thinking of you and Phoenix tonight!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
We are all praying for your bird to pull through this awful time.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
:hug8: Come on little one, we're all praying for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.