• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

(**Sad Update**) SICK

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've never purchased insurance for the birds. I just pull the money from wherever I can. Most insurances will not cover a pre-existing condition so check into that carefully because if she goes through the same exact thing again (and I hope not) it may not be covered. One year I think I spent over $30,000 (probably even more) to pay for vet expenses for one of my birds and one of my dogs. Maybe the vet will let you do payments. Some vets will do that if they know you.
I am hoping for the best with Phoenix. Thinking of you and her and wishing for her recovery.

mindee77

Strolling the yard
Yes she would lay eggs all the time. She would lay over four each time.. The vet never told me that.. I would love more info on that..

Jeddy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
Still sending birdie prayers for your girl to get stronger everyday. :hug8:

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
How is she tonight? Hopefully someone can give you more info on the implant.

mindee77

Strolling the yard
She is fighting for her life.. She has had really rough rough rough days.. Her poor feet are just gray with no color she looks terrible. She is so wore out. When I visit she has a hard time getting onto my hand she just has no energy.. She is puffed out with her wings down to her feet.. She looks like a dog with her tongue almost sticking out and her mouth open. It takes all her energy just to eat. So worried. feeling lost...

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm sorry to hear that she's not doing better. Does the vet have any suggestions to help her?

mindee77

Strolling the yard
There is nothing more they can do she is just to sick. Its a waiting game for now. Her vent area is so swollen that's she trys to poop but she has to strain like crazy and than only a little comes out and it comes out only half the way so then she had poop smashed on her bottom. They have to clean her bottom every time.

Jeddy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
I am thinking of her and you Mindee. She still is fighting.

Klomonx

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Anastasia/Dorian
I am so sorry, I just read this whole thread. I had a female Cockatiel named Phoenix, too. I hope she pulls through again, :hug8: . Will pray for her.

mindee77

Strolling the yard
We just Lost our BABY Phoenix tonight. My heart is crushed. She lost the fight. Not sure how to deal with this. My husband was with her holding her she was so weak she had a seizure in his arms and stopped breathing. I was not there.

faeryphoebe1

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
Mindee, I'm so sorry. My heart goes out to you. May Phoenix RIP.

Edit: Take your time mourning. Don't let anyone pass judgement on how to grieve or how long it should take. Sometimes, these fids take a big part of our hearts with them.

Last edited:

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I'm so sorry, just read this.
Phoenix fly high in the sky free :hug8:

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I'm so very sorry. That is so heartbreaking. She was very lucky to have you as her mom, and you were so lucky to have such a sweet little bird. Your time together was too short. Rest in peace little Phoenix. My heart goes out to you Mindee.:sorrow:

Status
Not open for further replies.