• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

(**Sad Update**) SICK

Status
Not open for further replies.

LunaHestia

Formerly ZoeyBird
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Melissa
Oh no!! I was so sad to see this thread pop back up :( Hoping for good news!!

Jeddy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
Just looking for an update. How did the vet visit go? Maybe she should spend some time at the vets. Bodie has been there since Monday. I know that worried feeling all to well these days. Praying for you.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
How awful that's she's doing poorly again! :( I hope she's okay! Sending good thoughts her way! Come on little Phoenix, be well!

mindee77

Strolling the yard
She is not doing well lady's. My baby is struggling to breath. Her vent area is way swollen once again. She is a ugly gray color. Its a rollercoaster with her.. We were at the vet with her for two hours on Friday.. Her cysts are back.. They put her on oxygen for a hour and gave her a shot of birth control.. They can't do much but wait.. She is a fighter but she is tired... We took her home but Saturday we ended back in the vet and they kept her because she was so sick..... She had a rough day and today we went to see her and really not to much of a change.. We did spend a hour with her and she seemed happy to see us.. She just slept in my arms.. She struggles to poop. I love her so much. Also someone thought we were using the wrong litter we use the walnut litter for birds... Please please send prayers our way...

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
:hug8: :hug8: :hug8: :hug8:

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
I am so sorry Mindee...I hope she continues to fight :hug8:

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
How awful, I'm so very, very, sorry she's not doing well. Hugs and prayers for you and your little love.
:sadhug2:

mindee77

Strolling the yard
It's so hard to see her struggle.. They are going to take some blood and make sure nothing else is going on. Today is a really bad day. She is fighting and I am here for her. The vet did bring up letting her go but that was a NO. We love her so much and she did get better last time. She was finally getting her strength back when this hit.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Oh my....I'm so sorry she's not doing well. :sadhug2:

rockybird

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Oh Mindee. I am so sorry for this. Can they aspirate the cyst to relieve the pressure on her lungs? If she pulls through is there anything surgically they can do to prevent this from occurring again, when she is strong? Please hang in there.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sorry about this. Hoping for her recovery.

Kellie728

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kellie
Sorry to hear this Mindee. I hope she pulls through. :hug8:

Jeddy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
I am so sorry your are going thru this. It is so scary to see them suffer and you can do nothing but cry. It is good you went to see her I really think that helps. I am thankful I was able to visit Bodie at the vets.

I will keep her and you in my birdie prayers.

mindee77

Strolling the yard
She is not doing well. The vet called and she crashed but they got her stable for now.. I need my baby she is so strong I pray that she has it in her to fight. She is way to sick for surgery and since she is a small bird the birth control shot is about the only thing along with oxygen treatment.. They are giving her another shot of birth control to see if that helps.. My heart is breaking..

Jeddy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
Sorry Mindee. I will keep prayers coming her way to fight and pull thru.

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
This is so heartbreaking. I really hope she can pull through again. Prayers, tears and hugs for you and your baby. :sadhug:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm so sorry. Sending prayers to little Phoenix.

mindee77

Strolling the yard
She made it through the night but she is so very sick.. This is so crazy she was doing so good. They told me if she makes it she will be receiving the birth control every three weeks. They will also be giving her a double dose each time. The shot will cost us $180.00 The oxygen itself is costing us $160.00 a hour. She is on that around the clock. Question who has insurance for their birds and is it worth it??? I am not going to put her down because of money that's wrong. I just want her better.

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
Mindee, was she also a chronic egg layer? I know some here have used an implant to control egg-laying and cysts. Maybe you can ask your vet about it. Still praying for your little girl...hope she gets better :hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.