• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Please have them in your thoughts

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
She is lovely. What an inspiration.:heart:

mythic55

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
What do people think?
A. Take her in for an Xray to get a basis on organ size/placement
B. Leave her at home if no signs of illness, just keep moving forward

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
She is doing well and has made such progress. Her development may be slightly delayed from other chicks but I would keep her in her own cage for the time being but right next to a cage that has adults in it in an attempt to have their behaviors imprinted on her…. though you may already being doing that. Trust your own instincts as your work with these little ones is impeccable. As my dad would say ( and I love tormenting my sister with this) "Patience is a virtue" :D

Crazy4parrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
i would go with #2 as long as she doesnt show an illness sign! Saya is so cute! from what i have read it says some Fawns can have pink beak its like some people have blue eyes others have brown eyes! i do see some white coming on the top of Saya's head!

Cockatoo-Dust

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Skylar
#2... If she shows no sign of illness there is no reason to get an x-ray and stress her out, and risk killing her at the same time.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
B. She/he is still small & anesthesia is always a risk which in this case there is no need to take

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
We all adore her, as do you. So happy shes grown so nicely and shes warm, loved, and safe. That's all she could ask for..

Beanurita

Real Name
Melissa
WOW!! I just read this whole thread today.....well over the coarse of the day between kids, my birds, laundry, etc...ect.....ect.....and this is an amazing story of trials & tribulations, happiness & sadness, strength & courage!! Loved every bit and read every single post!!!

mythic55

Avenue Veteran
i would go with #2 as long as she doesnt show an illness sign! Saya is so cute! from what i have read it says some Fawns can have pink beak its like some people have blue eyes others have brown eyes! i do see some white coming on the top of Saya's head!

I will keep her home.
I guess I am paranoid. As some know, or may not. My grey one morning had a strange voice. Against the general consensus, I took her to the vet.
She passed away 48 excruciating hours later. My life has never been the same, nor will it ever.

Regarding the beak: That is when they are juveniles... IE born with that color (they are on the grey side, or the light side- grey=drak beak, light (fawn)= light beak. But she went from black beak to light beak with no signs of orange. The beak keeps getting lighter.... now where the bills meet- it is yellow. I dont want to push it thinking I have a yellow bill... man, wouldnt that be something. Lightening hit, and I end up with a Yellow bill Silver (wishful thinking, lol).

But regardless, she is not a fawn. Here is a photo of one of my fawns- fawns go on a brown tone.... dark tail feathers, etc:
Screen Shot 2015-03-17 at 11.16.13 AM.png
Here is Saya, not the same color scheme as above: (she is either silver, lightback, or combination of crazy!?)
BTW- No one an figure this out. I contacted breeders, finch forums, etc. She doesnt make sense.... im hoping that turns out to be a positive thing.
photo[2].JPG

I even have creams.... which are easy to identify:
MiddleCreamOmegaLongines.jpg

Yellow... can turn to orange on a beak. But is is not so common. Here are some images of the yellow (it is not formula... I checked):
Screen Shot 2015-03-20 at 1.19.54 PM.png

firdy num num

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Eden
Your doing great Mythic,:hug8: I would also go with #2, Saya is looking super adorable btw,:faint:

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Maybe she is a hybrid finch, the first of her kind and she runs off of love.

Vegemite

Real Name
Lynne
What an inspirational story. Hi Saya, you sure are a spunky one. Good on you mom for all that you have done for her.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Shes is beautiful and I am in love with those cream colored zebra finches! I don't think I've ever seen ones like them!

Saya and those creams are gorgeous!

I think her pink beak may stay pink or turn yellow. I don't think she'll ever get an orange beak. Her legs aren't even darkening. She's so pale! But oh so pretty!

Crazy4parrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
María
I will keep her home.
I guess I am paranoid. As some know, or may not. My grey one morning had a strange voice. Against the general consensus, I took her to the vet.
She passed away 48 excruciating hours later. My life has never been the same, nor will it ever.

Regarding the beak: That is when they are juveniles... IE born with that color (they are on the grey side, or the light side- grey=drak beak, light (fawn)= light beak. But she went from black beak to light beak with no signs of orange. The beak keeps getting lighter.... now where the bills meet- it is yellow. I dont want to push it thinking I have a yellow bill... man, wouldnt that be something. Lightening hit, and I end up with a Yellow bill Silver (wishful thinking, lol).

But regardless, she is not a fawn. Here is a photo of one of my fawns- fawns go on a brown tone.... dark tail feathers, etc:
View attachment 197366
Here is Saya, not the same color scheme as above: (she is either silver, lightback, or combination of crazy!?)
BTW- No one an figure this out. I contacted breeders, finch forums, etc. She doesnt make sense.... im hoping that turns out to be a positive thing.
View attachment 197367

I even have creams.... which are easy to identify:
View attachment 197368

Yellow... can turn to orange on a beak. But is is not so common. Here are some images of the yellow (it is not formula... I checked):
View attachment 197369
Or She might be Some New mutation That was ressecive! :D so that makes her unique 100%!

mythic55

Avenue Veteran
Thanks everyone.

UPDATE: Saya is missing her big-girl feather on her tail.

She does have more feathers growing... but that should not have happened. Tail is very ragged still. But filling In well.

Are you able to post full body pics of miss Saya? :)
Here are some more shots of her this morning: image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited: