• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Please have them in your thoughts

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Love reading along & watching him/her grow!

:hug8::heart::heart::heart:

mythic55

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Most annoying thing.... hair tugging and screaming. Son says it sounds like 'mom, mom, mom , mom.... mommy, mommy, mommy.... MOM!'

mythic55

Avenue Veteran
Wow
This was like a novel
I've been on edge of my chair reading and going tru the emotions with you
What an inspiration you are putting all the loving care you have into this little one
I am in admiration of your care for this creature entrusted to you
Thanks everyone. We still have a little ways to go.... still cant leave her side for the day (because of the hand feedings). And anytime you handfeed, there is always risk- but the infection seems to have cleared up.. Im just glad the night feedings are over. over 30 days with no sleep.

Just remember, my bird can fit in your birds mouth! LOL

But she is so tame, I can bring her anywhere in the home. Just 'meep meep, and beep beep'- doesnt want to fly... I even try (lifting arm up and dropping arm) she just holds on, and then will jump to my shoulder and gives me a 'meep-meep, beep' (translation: jeez, why are you wiggling so much- ill just go hide in your hair')

To bad she is not smart enough to be potty trained. lol

Last edited:

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Flashbacks to Beeper again:rofl:Never wear a hat with a bill or she'll discover your eyebrows:eek:

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Sister had a male finch for many years, she kept him in a small cage and he would just meep and sit on his perch most times. Occasionally he was let out to fly but he was never tame though she really cared for him. He got bad feet from always sitting on the same perch but always beeped and seemed happy.
Beeper was just a accidental rescue when sister saw the crow flying over with things in his mouth. She ran in and got me and we managed to scare him away before he killed her like he already had her clutchmate.
Had to take a hose to hit her with till she got wet and knocked over and rolled into the gutter where I could barely reach her and scooped her out. Dried her off gently with a hair dryer on low and got some baby parrot formula and started stuffing her full every few hours, rest was history and she bonded just as hard as Says has to you.
Haven't had another finch since but she was worth it and left a huge hole in our hearts when she died much later.
She did love bathing in anything with water in it, including cups:roflmao:

Heather F

Just remember, my bird can fit in your birds mouth! LOL
:coffeescreen:

Thank you for the update! Glad she is continuing to slowly start to get the idea of eating on her own. And exciting developments! Who is the baby daddy? We will have to keep tuning in to "Days of Saya & Co's Lives"...

mythic55

Avenue Veteran
:coffeescreen:
Who is the baby daddy? We will have to keep tuning in to "Days of Saya & Co's Lives"...
You crack me up!!!!!
(made this as cheesy as possible)

Screen Shot 2015-03-09 at 4.41.23 PM.png

Here is baby daddy (studly I know... please women.... keep your tops on....). And two picks on Mommy.... (I actually only have 2 pictures of her before she passed away)

Screen Shot 2015-03-09 at 4.04.53 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-03-09 at 4.02.36 PM.png

Odin

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chantal
Seriously, the video made me cry. What a trooper.

greys4u

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
:smileflower: You have done such a wonderful job with Saya, proud of you. She is one doll baby!

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Awwwww, love this! You saved this precious little soul and shes gonna pester you for a long time!:heart::hehe:

DancingFeathers

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Thanks for the update! I was worried that something bad had happened to little Saya :(.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
So she he has daddies tear & both parents have light feet?
:bash::rofl::hug8::heart:

mythic55

Avenue Veteran
Any New pics Of Saya?
You didnt like the 4 from yesterday?.... ok... fine.... twisting my arm. Here are some more:
46 Days old- Days of Saya & Co. Lives

Headshots, for her upcoming close-up. Obviously she doesnt need lipstick, as that pink is just fabulous:

Screen Shot 2015-03-10 at 12.01.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-03-10 at 12.02.20 PM.png

And of course, her wardrobe is just posh- with her new feathers coming in patterned. (she had NO feathers before.... even those under her wings, and the black small ones with ripple pattern)
Screen Shot 2015-03-10 at 12.12.58 PM.png
(Look at her big bird feathers!.... they are scruffy- but there are about 12 new feathers coming in on her behind!)

And THIS is what she likes to do: If I stop, she start to head butt me like a cat. -right about now, people are saying: 'oh.... so sweet I wish my bird was like that'.
No, no you dont.
If she had lungs like a parrot.... you would be at the bottom of a bottle of vino pulling your hair out. Luckily, she only makes these meeps and beeps.

Last edited:

mythic55

Avenue Veteran
She
So she he has daddies tear & both parents have light feet?
Daddies Tear.... parents both have orange feet (females lighter orange, male is darker)

GOES LIKE THIS:
1. Babies are born
2. They grow 'juvenile' feathers' similar to the adult colors, with light orange legs. Beak should be bone colored or black.
3.Starting at 5 weeks- they molt into adult colors- and beaks and legs turn light orange (if female), or dark orange (called red, if it is a male). Then you can tell male/female/mutation for sure. Usually you can tell earlier however....

Saya has pink feet/legs.... ????????
She is behind developmentally... but her legs are PINK!!!! and toes nails are DARK?
(I know those were her parents because they were secluded. I have only seen dark toenails on Blackfaced finches.... which she is not)

In theory- this should not be that complicated.... LOL. But I think dad is split- for a mutation that is extremely rare. There is a finch community online (AA is privy to the whole story... I share everything with you :cool:, they get an abbreviated version), and after they viewed parent/offspring....they cant figure it out. And they breed european show zebs!

JEEZ!.... If she wasnt so unbelievably, undeniably, unequivocally stupid cute and tamer than my cat..... well, ya.

Last edited:

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
:hug8::hug8::heart::hug8::hug8:

mythic55

Avenue Veteran
Such pretty grownup colours! She's your adorable little mutant baby. :confused::roflmao:
Getting there- has to get her big black/pattern tail.... flanks.... and cheeks (breast bar if she is a he).
'Mutant' :rofl:
Swear to everything............... head-butts me harder than my cat for attention (I have a siamese- so attention getting is her strong point).

Last edited: