• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Petsmart blowout prices on some Avian Adventures -- hurry

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I haven't had any since the event but I am tempted to buy it. It does contain sugar, though, and is 140 calories a can.
After all the stuff I've bought over the last few days I could use a couple of cans of it.....my liquor replacement. :D

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congrats. Which carrier delivered it and was it shipped directly from Midwest?

Rolanda

Rollerblading along the road
My Chiquita arrived! I won't be able to unbox and assemble until Sunday....still, yeah!!!
Did you ever get any notification besides the original "still pending".

Ecogirl2206

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Andrea
Sorry it's in the car and I'm too lazy to check the shipping label tonight....I'll check where it shipped from tomorrow.

No, I never received any email confirmation of my order at all, and charges were still pending yesterday, I was really surprised, especially since I spoke to them yesterday and they said it hadn't shipped yet.

Rolanda

Sorry it's in the car and I'm too lazy to check the shipping label tonight....I'll check where it shipped from tomorrow.

No, I never received any email confirmation of my order at all, and charges were still pending yesterday, I was really surprised, especially since I spoke to them yesterday and they said it hadn't shipped yet.

Thanks. We'll just cross our fingers and hope then. But know that not receiving an email isn't necessarily an indicator that there's a problem with the order is encouraging.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Did it ship via UPS or Fedex? Was the shipper MWM?

@Rolanda If you are signed up for My UPS or Fedex Delivery Manager you should be able to see your upcoming package deliveries even if you received no notification from shipper. Also UPS or Fedex will send you an email @ the day ahead to inform you that you have an upcoming delivery. Checked my accounts and see nothing that would be coming from Petsmart or Midwest Metal (Midwest Homes for Pets).

Ecogirl2206

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Andrea
My mom said it was a white van, probably independent shipper. I received no ship notifications from anyone. it's amazing how unorganized petsmart is!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I checked my Fedex delivery manager and I have two packages due to arrive on Friday from MWM. I assume they are the cages although the weight isn't right(1 lb) but probably because the information just reflects creation of a shipping label. However I did order some lighter things from Midwest but they would still weigh more than a pound.

@Rolanda or anyone else who ordered Sign up for Fedex delivery manager. It's free.

Rolanda

I checked my Fedex delivery manager and I have two packages due to arrive on Friday from MWM. I assume they are the cages although the weight isn't right(1 lb) but probably because the information just reflects creation of a shipping label. However I did order some lighter things from Midwest but they would still weigh more than a pound.

@Rolanda or anyone else who ordered Sign up for Fedex delivery manager. It's free.

No, I've not signed up via Delivery Manager. I very seldom receive deliveries from them. This delivery would be the exception, and is for hubby anyway, so it wouldn't show up I assume.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
No, I've not signed up via Delivery Manager. I very seldom receive deliveries from them. This delivery would be the exception, and is for hubby anyway, so it wouldn't show up I assume.

It's free. You just have to register, put in your address and if you are getting a delivery you will find out. I want to be home for the cage delivery and since Petsmart doesn't seem to be sending out shipping info I decided to sign up. Already had My UPS and nothing was showing there except my other deliveries so figured I would sign up for Fedex.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You ordered after me so just keep checking. I know that @Ecogirl2206 also ordered after me and she already received the cage but her location is closer to Midwest Homes for Pets/Midwest Metal which is located in Muncie, Indiana.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My cages have not shipped. Instead it seems that they are shipping each of the items from my other order separately. 3 separate shipments so far: one for a crate pan, one for a crate pad, another for a smaller crate pad (should be 2 in that shipment). Don't understand why they didn't ship all of these items together in one package. Seems to me you could get a crate pan and 3 crate pads in one box.

Edit: just got an email that the cages are shipping but when I click on the track package button in the email and it goes to Fedex nothing comes up. Tried inputting the tracking number from the email but still blank. Maybe they just put it into the system so there is absolutely no info at this time.

Last edited:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Gave Midwest a call so I could get more info on the cages since there was only one tracking number and one package weighing 58 pounds. Midwest rep researched this and gave me 4 tracking numbers. Each package has its own number and for some reason they are not grouped so that if you look up one number you get all the numbers. Only one of the numbers is available via my delivery manager. Called Fedex and delivery will be Weds AM although the info I pulled up showed me a Tuesday deliver. Seems like I will receive it either Tues or Weds.

If you ordered and have not received any tracking info from Petsmart or if you are signed up for Fedex delivery manager and there is no info, give Midwest a call at
800-428-8560 9A-4P EST. The rep can look up your zip code and name and let you know if your package has shipped and, hopefully, give you a tracking number.

Ecogirl2206

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Andrea
Dowell not natural wood perches :(

Last edited:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Dowell not natural wood perches :(
:( :(
Have you put it together yet?
When I called this AM to get more tracking info I told the rep that I like their cages overall but do not like the change in panel design and the fact that they are now using dowels. Takes away from the cage standard that was set by the original owner. She was apologetic but, of course, there is nothing she can do.

Ecogirl2206

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Andrea
Yup. one large metal filing not pleased to see, could have caused serious injury. minor scratches one feeder door, can't get play hook in metal too bent. bowls obviously way too big for conure.... But at least I don't have to use them. hate the bowl insert design. some areas powder coat not perfect or in existence. touch up paint bottle exploded in transit. overall I'd be very unhappy if I paid full price. but at the price I paid, I'll let my bird be the judge. just putting the cages together so she can check it out for now.

Love the assembly design though! how clever!