• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Petsmart blowout prices on some Avian Adventures -- hurry

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I don't know if this is a price mistake but Petsmart is offering the Chiquita and Nina cages at VERY low prices. I was going to cancel mybirdstore order but I am worried that the Petsmart order will be cancelled and mybirdstore order already shipped. Prices just seem TOO low. So if you are interested in one of these cages, play top or dometop...hurry.

Chiquita Play TOP 159.99 white only
Chiquita Dome Top 151.99 platinum only
Nina play top and Dome top 119.99 platinum only

No other models available.

I really did not want white but ordered 2 Chiquita Play Tops although I'm thinking perhaps I should have ordered a dome top.

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Great prices!
BTW the midwest cage rep said they would send me the caster insert free of charge. That was great!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Great Wendy. Did you speak with Andrea? That's who I have dealt with and she is very nice and helpful.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
BTW, other Midwest products are on sale such as crates, crate pads and dog beds and other brands are on sale, too.

WendyN

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Great Wendy. Did you speak with Andrea? That's who I have dealt with and she is very nice and helpful.
I emailedwith Angie.
I did mention that one of the reasons I ordered that cage was the because of the natural perch. But also suggested if they have decided not include it, they should give Amazon the updated info on the dowel replacement.

WendyN

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Congrats on your great cage acquisitions!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The info isn't even updated on their website. It still states yellow cow wood. It's good that you called to get the replacement part and also let her know about the wood. I am suspect with these blow out prices thinking that it is an error or maybe Midwest is getting out of the bird cage business although other sites have not reduced the prices like this.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congrats on your great cage acquisitions!
I bought a cage from mybirdstore yesterday and that has been shipped. I thought about cancelling but I am not 100% sure about actually getting the Chiquitas from Petsmart.

Midwest play stand and bird stand also on sale!! Excellent prices for those, too.

AND....if you purchase by going through ebates.com you get 8% cashback today.

Ecogirl2206

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Andrea
OMG I wasn't even shopping for a cage but had to buy the chiquita playtop. Couldn't pass up this deal! :D Thanks for passing it on! Will be a great upgrade from my prevue f040--which is a great size cage for a small bird, but also flimsy, super excited! I also really didn't want white, but for that price I"m not complaining. And OMG the nina playtop in platinum, that price...If only i had budgies or finches or canaries....hmmm...maybe i should get some LOL!

Animallover03

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Audrey
Thank you @Eloy
Which would you recommend for a nanday? Just want to be ready if it works out :)

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
For a Nanday, the Chiquita would be fine or you could do the Nina which is smaller. Just check out the measurements.
Nina play top: 20 W x 18 D x 25 H" / Total Caage Height: 51" / Bar Spacing: 1/2"
Nina dome top: 20 W x 18 D x 30H” / Total Cage Height: 51”, Bar Spacing: ½”
Chiquita play top: 28 W x 22 D x 29 H" /Total Height: 63" / Bar Spacing: 3/4"
Chiquita dome top: 28"L x 22"W x 32"H / Total Cage Height: 63" Bar Spacing: 3/4"

Animallover03

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Audrey
For a Nanday, the Chiquita would be fine or you could do the Nina which is smaller. Just check out the measurements.
Nina play top: 20 W x 18 D x 25 H" / Total Caage Height: 51" / Bar Spacing: 1/2"
Nina dome top: 20 W x 18 D x 30H” / Total Cage Height: 51”, Bar Spacing: ½”
Chiquita play top: 28 W x 22 D x 29 H" /Total Height: 63" / Bar Spacing: 3/4"
Chiquita dome top: 28"L x 22"W x 32"H / Total Cage Height: 63" Bar Spacing: 3/4"
Okay thank you, should I go for the dometop or not?

Ecogirl2206

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Andrea
depends on the bird. My conure really loves being on TOP of her cage. I think its a common bird trait. Having the playstand and pull out tray up there makes things much easier to clean up. But all depends on your birdie!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I wasn't looking to buy any more cages but someone on Slickdeals had posted that the Midwest pet beds were on sale. I wanted to see if they had crate pads for my dogs' crates and when I was looking through the products I was surprised to see the prices for the cages. I also wound up buying a replacement for my Lagotto's crate pan (he has been chewing off the edges) as well as crate pads for all three dogs' crates They have Midwest crates so the fit should be perfect.

Animallover03

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Audrey
depends on the bird. My conure really loves being on TOP of her cage. I think its a common bird trait. Having the playstand and pull out tray up there makes things much easier to clean up. But all depends on your birdie!
My GCC likes to play on top of the cage, I have lots of stuff up there. I'm guessing you couldn't do this with a dometop?
image.jpeg

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It's odd they didn't send the email confirmation of my order, I made sure to print out the order page incase they try to back out ;)
I got the email very quickly. Check your spam mail. I made copies of the invoices, too. I really won't be upset if they cancel because the prices seem to good to be true so I wouldn't be surprised BUT I would prefer that they honor the prices and send the products.