• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Petsmart blowout prices on some Avian Adventures -- hurry

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cages have arrived. The Fedex lady was very strong lifting the 58 lb boxes over her shoulder (one at a time, though :) ). She just pushed the larger boxes but they would be too cumbersome to lift.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Mediana is 7/8. I still would be careful with the 3/4 in bar space Chiquita & a green cheek conure.

I wish the Chiquita was 5/8. Hard to find good quality larger cages with smaller bar space other than the lighter flight cages with plastic trays & no feed doors.

The Loro is an excellent cage for conures but it is so pricey now. It used to be less expensive than the Chiquitas if I remember correctly.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
The Loro is an excellent cage for conures but it is so pricey now. It used to be less expensive than the Chiquitas if I remember correctly.

Loro does have nice size with 1/2 in spacing & you can keep off the roof to get light but I like to get playtops.

It's over $400 now

Not in the market for a new cage now luckily as I have so many medical problems & can hardly
get around to care for Rio now. No room for another cage without a major overhaul & unble to even walk now so its not something I should be thinking about.

Did think about getting a poor pionus blue head/white cap hybrid I saw before I had "cancer".
I need to have one bird taken care of when I am in hospital & 2 would have been not be a good idea.

Now I can't even get around the apartment easily so any ideas of more cages or birds has to be put on hold though at $160 it would have been nice to have a boxed

Chiquita in storage but since they are not all in good shape that's a bad idea too unless you can check all the parts or assemble it to see that everything fits together.

No real room for 2 big boxes & certainly no room for another cage right now...

Midwest should take care of the issues as it does not matter how much you paid for the cage they warranty it.

Last edited:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Loro does have nice size with 1/2 in spacing & you can keep off the roof to get light but I like to get playtops.

It's over $400 now

There are attachable play perches/play gyms. I don't understand why it is being priced so high. A 3rd party vendor is selling it via Amazon for $305 plus shipping. Petco has it for sale right now for $335 with free shipping. It's $499 at Birdcagesforless....:lol:

Rolanda

Rollerblading along the road
My husband got shipping notification for our Nina today.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's a very good price on the Loro. I have read several negative reviews about that store although I think some here have ordered from them and it turned out OK.

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've ordered from them. Not a cage though. They drop-ship from manufacturer just like the other sites.

Ecogirl2206

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Andrea
I know I'm the odd one out, but I think the Loro is ugly. plus no play top and I just hate those angled legs and roof!

Birdie climbed up on the play top of the Chiquita then ran back down, I think the bowl size freaked her out, she couldn't reach the seeds lol. progress:)

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
There are attachable play perches/play gyms. I don't understand why it is being priced so high. A 3rd party vendor is selling it via Amazon for $305 plus shipping. Petco has it for sale right now for $335 with free shipping. It's $499 at Birdcagesforless....:lol:

Loro as is the chiquita & even the Nina are heavy..Think the Nina is about 75 lbs so shipping would be expensive.

Adding play gyms costs money & the playtops on the AA are very strong with a tray & remove able. A AA type playtop would be least $75 too so that adds to the cost.

Gla:dance4::dance4:d your cages came...Wow...what a deal!!!

Fed ex lady is strong. I guess they make sure even a woman can lift 50 lbs.
That's alot of weight to throw over your shoulder. I could lift 50 lbs it but not over my shoulders but in my prime I was barely 100 lbs myself.

I was doing some impressive weights on the weights machines a few years ago when I had a good year of fitness. Now I can barely carry me...

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine

Never saw that vendor. Price is very good. Still like the playtop but its a great cage for a smaller bird to have room & have big cage luxuries.

Roof is optional as there is a regular top under it but I too like the playtop still it does cut out light.

Can't see buying a flight cage with a plastic tray or no feeder doors & plastic cups. They just don;t last many years so in the end you have to replace them & better to spend the money & buy a sturdy one from the beginning Still I understand when money is tight that extra $100 or so is hard to come by.

Gosh $160 was amazing!!!!! Nina $120...:faint:....Would have bought one just for the balcony!!!! Gosh a cheap cage costs $60 to $80

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I know I'm the odd one out, but I think the Loro is ugly. plus no play top and I just hate those angled legs and roof!

Birdie climbed up on the play top of the Chiquita then ran back down, I think the bowl size freaked her out, she couldn't reach the seeds lol. progress:)

You are not alone. I thought the Loro was ugly, too. Never thought of buying one and then when there was a good price on it and I had a 20% off coupon code I decided to just do it. I am glad I did now because it worked out and Jaden is happy with it. BTW, he hated it at first and just sat inside frozen. I let him go back in his old cage but soon he started liking the Loro.

@camelotshadow The play tops on the Avian Adventures' cages are very nice and it's great that they are removable. Hopefully the cages will be OK. I really didn't want white. I am not a fan of a large white cage but for that price I couldn't pass it up. Also, if necessary, they can easily be returned to the local Petsmart.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've ordered from them. Not a cage though. They drop-ship from manufacturer just like the other sites.
The problems I read related to the poor customer service and that if there was a problem it was difficult to get things resolved. Also sometimes getting the incorrect product or items taking a very long time to ship. However, as I wrote, I know that some here have ordered cages from them and things have seemed to work out.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
You are not alone. I thought the Loro was ugly, too. Never thought of buying one and then when there was a good price on it and I had a 20% off coupon code I decided to just do it. I am glad I did now because it worked out and Jaden is happy with it. BTW, he hated it at first and just sat inside frozen. I let him go back in his old cage but soon he started liking the Loro.

@camelotshadow The play tops on the Avian Adventures' cages are very nice and it's great that they are removable. Hopefully the cages will be OK. I really didn't want white. I am not a fan of a large white cage but for that price I couldn't pass it up. Also, if necessary, they can easily be returned to the local Petsmart.

Yeah, you can't go wrong w a $160 Chiquita esp when its from a place that has local access in case of return as its too costly to ship...

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
The problems I read related to the poor customer service and that if there was a problem it was difficult to get things resolved. Also sometimes getting the incorrect product or items taking a very long time to ship. However, as I wrote, I know that some here have ordered cages from them and things have seemed to work out.

If the cages are shipped from Midwest & warrantied by midwest ordering from them should be OK. Never saw them 1800 pet supplies pop up before unless they changed the website. There were a few petsupplies. I ordered food from a similar one 2 years ago if it was this one ???It was OK but got better prices elsewhere.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They do offer a 6 month warranty although Avian Adventures used to offer a 1 year warranty. If you buy with cc, though, most double the warranty. Some cage manufacturers offer lesser warranties or no warranty at all (just a 30 day return period).

Rolanda

Rollerblading along the road
Received my Nina today. We're in no rush to put it together as my Baby Lovie will be quarantined in our small 'outdoor' cage for a month (we will be going to get him next Saturday). From the posts her about scratch & dent problems I think we'll open it and check it out though.