• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Petsmart blowout prices on some Avian Adventures -- hurry

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Where are you looking? The Chiquitas are still $159.99 and 151.99.
Search Results | PetSmart

It's actually not a contract. If there are pricing errors the vendor can cancel the sale. They can also cancel it if they determine there is not enough stock. When it comes to the Avian Adventures/Midwest cages they aren't stored in the Petsmart warehouse but are shipped from Midwest, but maybe that has changed.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I think everybody and their momma must be on the site. I can't even get on. Happy Cyber Monday!!!
I'm in the market for a cage for my soon coming baby lovie, Mo.

It was running at a snails pace when I was looking around 4PM.

Nina is only one with bar spacing for a lovie. Its min size but if the bird is out on the playtop & in & out of the cage it should be fine. Bigger would be better if they will be in the cage for long periods of time. If you want you can use the playtop somewhere else & then the cage will get more light. Playtop cuts someof the light.

Good Luck getting it & with your new lovie.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Last edited:

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Where are you looking? The Chiquitas are still $159.99 and 151.99.
Search Results | PetSmart

It's actually not a contract. If there are pricing errors the vendor can cancel the sale. They can also cancel it if they determine there is not enough stock. When it comes to the Avian Adventures/Midwest cages they aren't stored in the Petsmart warehouse but are shipped from Midwest, but maybe that has changed.
I think that is mostly the case. I guess they contract with Midwest to get a stock at a price.
Remember when the Loro... was outof stock at the MW warehouse. It took weeks to get in.

It's just such a tremendous deal on a very nice cage. Other cages don;t come up to the sturdiness even though they have been cuttin g corners the last year or so. I noticed the stainless bowls are thinner gauge now too.

I have the poquito hotel & the SS bowls are made much nicer & that's only a few years old.

...Maybe I hit my head when I fell?

All I have to do is press paypal....LOL

NOOOOOOO....help me!!!!!

Maybe they will end the sale at midnight PST or when the stock is out?

Why so low though? You know what they say when something seems like too good to be true it might be...

Still, I got the LG phone yesterday. On trac was fast. $20 was great sale. Its back to $80 now...

Last edited:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Petsmart has extended their cyber Monday sales but seems the the cages, recreation center and stand are now just 40% off.
Still not bad at $239 for a Chiquita play top but not as good as $159.

@camelotshadow I think it was low because the person who programmed the sale prices made a mistake. That person is probably now looking for a new job.

Great that you got the phone yesterday. Enjoy it. That's a great price on it.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Argh on the new phone in dispose. Someone rang my bell at midnight. Had to deal with that. Guess l won.t be getting the cage. Still excellent price. Keys are small on phone even turned on side. Oh well.
It allows me to deposit checks by phone. Old one was thicker & seemed more solid. I can still use it if my 2 laptops & new phone break to get on line...:arghh:

Last edited:

FLmom

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Linda
This was the only
Color and style available when I was looking last night. I had to turn it off and forget about it because it was making me head pound. That was a steal of a deal and I couldn't participate makes me crazy with anxiety

IMG_1705.PNG

Ecogirl2206

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Andrea
Yeah, prices are higher now (though still a good deal IMO). ... I never received an email confirmation. But I have my printout of the order and they did charge my credit card....fingers crossed!!!!

I sometimes wonder if these are actually mistakes or if they do a big sale for a short time to get people buying stuff. As we see here people do buy cages they wouldn't normally be shopping for when the price gets low enough! I remember last christmas Petco put their 30x30 Mink brown cage on sale for $125...a crazy low price as well! That one is normally $300 if I remember. So it does happen.

I want followups from everyone who got the sale price if they get or don't get their cage!!!! :D

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My charges are in pending, not posted yet, but I don't think they will be posted until the items actually ship.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The sale is over. Chiquita dometop and play top back up to $379 and $399 respectively and the Ninas are now $299.

Rolanda

Rollerblading along the road
Yeah, prices are higher now (though still a good deal IMO). ... I never received an email confirmation. But I have my printout of the order and they did charge my credit card....fingers crossed!!!!

I sometimes wonder if these are actually mistakes or if they do a big sale for a short time to get people buying stuff. As we see here people do buy cages they wouldn't normally be shopping for when the price gets low enough! I remember last christmas Petco put their 30x30 Mink brown cage on sale for $125...a crazy low price as well! That one is normally $300 if I remember. So it does happen.

I want followups from everyone who got the sale price if they get or don't get their cage!!!! :D

Same with Hubby (he purchased my cage). Received Pay Pal notification of order but no Petsmart email confirmation.

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Interested to know if it ships with the nice perch or a plain dowel....

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They are phasing out the natural perches but there might be some cages remaining that have those so perhaps some will get natural instead of dowels. I know that most of us add or replace perches but, IMHO, this is still a bad decision. I have cages from a place called Inglebrook Forges and each of them came with manzanita perches in the cage and on the play top. The bowl holders were welded to the feeder doors. There was a shelf on the bottom of the cage. Couldn't break them down into individual pieces like the A&E or the AA. Two pieces...top and bottom stand. I still have 3 of them, 2 are empty and I consider getting them powder coated and my bare-eyed is in the other one. The cages were similar to California cages and the company was CA based.

Ecogirl2206

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Andrea
CC charge still pending, no email confirmation, called petsmart. "Due to unusually high call volume, you may experience longer than usual wait times" LOL I bet! Everyone that got black friday deals is asking where their email confirmation is!

So turns out some genius decided to "upgrade" their website/ computer system during black friday. This, of course, is causing delays b/c it did not go as smoothly as planned. She said many emails are not going out for order confirmations. However, my item is being processed, has moved from the factory (or wherever it is, she was unclear), and they're waiting for a tracking number. YEAH!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Mine still says processing. Not going to call in case they look at the order and decide the price is incorrect. I did get the email shortly after I placed the orders.

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Fingers crossed that all that order that cheap cages get them! :)

Ecogirl2206

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Andrea
The petsmart customer service rep is NOT going to notice any pricing issues LOL... Fairly certain the description could read 60x48 SS cage $19 and no one would bat an eye ;)

So excited for it to come! I think Cinders going to love it, a couple inches lost in one direction, a couple gained in another but higher off the ground and a playtop.... YEAH...

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Its a big company. It was there mistake. Good if they try to keep there customers happy & honor it.

Wow...would have been nice to have got in on the deal if I didn;t have cancer & had my foot broke.

A keen customer service could notice the price difference but I guess alot of cages are $160 so
its not like a car sale for a $500 new car.

I noticed a 1 qt at of pellegrino water at smart & final was $10.99 online. It did not say a case just a bottle. Guess it would be a good price for a case ut they have the case $18 with a $5 coupn so dout its a case. Got to be a mistake but if you bought it guess you would be paying out an extra $9 for a bottle.

Wow...smart & final prices are great!!! I have been shopping at the local market but its 2 blocks so when I could walk I could roll my groceries home.

Good thing for plastic & wow congrats to those who got it for $160!

Last edited:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Some companies renege on sales when there are price errors. Some step up to the plate and honor the sales.

I tried Pellegrino for the first time a few weeks ago when I went to an event at the Huntington Library. It was the blood orange flavored one and it was very tasty.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Some companies renege on sales when there are price errors. Some step up to the plate and honor the sales.

I tried Pellegrino for the first time a few weeks ago when I went to an event at the Huntington Library. It was the blood orange flavored one and it was very tasty.

Ooh that is the can one. Had it once but does that have sugar?

I buy the regular water when its on sale. I like the carbonation. Crystal geyser sparkling mineral water is nice too. Found it cheap at smart & final for 1/2 gal.

I have learned a few things from this. Shopping online could save me from the worries of dragging heavy water & bulky toilet paper on a push cart.

I guess I don;t want to talk about water on the cage thread & waste bandwidth...sorry

Last edited: