• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Christmas Present To Me!! New Betta!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CosmoKramer

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Zach
So glad they made it there safely! Cant wait to see more pics of them!

MollyMouse

Biking along the boulevard
I'm so glad they made it safe!! :hug8:Can't wait to see lots more pics of these two beauties Carole :D

southernbirds

Carole...what a happy Christmas gift and we are so happy to share the joy with you.

thejoie

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
They are stunning!! I am so happy they made it safe!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
They are both beautiful!

Matt

newf

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Im glad they made it safe and sound to their new home. I can't wait to see some more pics of them:)

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
No kidding, it was the coldest day yet.
They are ok, the male's tail is a bit shredded, but he did not bite it.{They do sometimes from stress}
The female is perfect!
The pics are not great, as it was so late, and I did not want to blast them with light their first night out, after being boxed up for a day.
The female~Karma

The male-Zen

I will work on better pics;)
they're home!! :yah:

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
So glad they arrived safe and sound.

Ginger

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Carole is the female in a breeder? Is she to stay there? :(
Yes, it was only to give her some quiet time alone to rest.I would never keep a fish in something like that. I knew the water there is much more stable, and the other fish are small and friendly.As long as she plays nice, she can stay in the planted tank for now. If not, I will have to set up the 20 long for her today.She is already out and swimming around.:hug8: Thanks everyone for the nice comments.:)

Last edited:

Blazeybird

Real Name
Houston
I diddnt think so, but I knew you had intentions to breed her and I got a little scared. Hope she plays nicely!

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Oh no, I wouldn't breed her in that thing!:eek: I just picked it up for exactly the purpose I used it for. It is a terrible thing that you could never keep fish in, especially babies! How could you ever clean it or clean the tank? When you pick it up, the water runs right out of it!
No, seriously, the eventual plan is to give her the 20 long when breeding. It will be a while before I attempt to breed them. I think the male's tail should heal first for one thing.:(

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wow gorgeous bettas...so glad they arrived safely.

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They look beautiful Carole, though very tired. I am sure they will come along just fine and be happy in their new tanks. Can't wait to see pics in the light of day. Congrats!

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thank you Marian & Judy.:) Lights are up and so far so good. They are happily having breakfast of live homegrown grindal worms.:) So far so good on the female getting along with my other small fish. Fingers crossed.
I want everyone to know my intention for that breeder thing was never to use it for more than I did, just a few hours. I would never, nor advocate keeping or using a thing like this for fish. It would be like keeping a macaw in a tiny parakeet cage.:(
I just picked up a couple things, like a divider, in case I have to keep her separate until I set her up a tank. Some females are nice, some are fin nippers and aggressive killers.

NikkiLS

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nicole
Beautiful! Have you ever used them before? We wanted to breed betas at one point just for ourselves, but the only (quality) ones I could find I would have had to ship and I was nervous they wouldn't make it.

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
you're so right about females they can bejust as aggressive as males.I often though over the years how beautiful a sorority tank would be..then quickly decided against it.Just from some of the stories I have heard.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Beautiful! Have you ever used them before? We wanted to breed betas at one point just for ourselves, but the only (quality) ones I could find I would have had to ship and I was nervous they wouldn't make it.
Thank you. Used what..the transhippers? Or the breeder box? I have used a transhipper, Jennifer in GA is the best. She is presently working on a new contact in Thailand though. The box, no never. I realized when I got it home what a piece of junk it was, but I figured it would be ok for the night, until I can watch her. Nikki, all fish are shipped to the states the same way.:)

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
you're so right about females they can bejust as aggressive as males.I often though over the years how beautiful a sorority tank would be..then quickly decided against it.Just from some of the stories I have heard.
She is my first female. And what a gorgeous fish she is! The idea of a few females is nice. Not sure how it would work. Sometimes it does well, sometimes not.:hug8:

NikkiLS

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nicole
Hmm I almost ordered a beautiful male from Thailand a couple years ago..I got worried with the credibility of it since I didn't have experience with the process good to know its legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.