• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Christmas Present To Me!! New Betta!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CosmoKramer

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Zach
I looked at the other fish Aquastar71 has and they are all so pretty! I want a betta now! :D
We have a large 70g salt water reef tank, but theres just something about those bettas that make them look so majestic!

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Yes Houston, I am the only one on this earth who has never seen a Harry Potter movie.:o: Frosty would be cute.
Zach, I have kept Bettas for most of my life. They have a very endearing quality. I like to keep them where they are nearby, as I believe they can get bored. The colors have changed so dramatically over the decades. In the 70's I had a solid purple. You never see them that color anymore.

Blazeybird

Real Name
Houston
Im deeply saddened by this depressing news. Even my mother knows who dumbledore is lol.

Anneka

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Yes Houston, I am the only one on this earth who has never seen a Harry Potter movie.:o:
Don't worry, I am also one of those who has never seen HP movies. Just not my type of movie.

Your setup is very pretty. I can't wait to see him/her enjoying it.
The more I look at your gorgeous Betta, the more I want one :) (and this is coming from a non-fish person)

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Im deeply saddened by this depressing news. Even my mother knows who dumbledore is lol.
Hehe..my friend keeps bugging me to see them. She has seen them all, several times. I probably would like them, as I love a movie which got the worst reviews, called Legend. Troy however, is not a fan of these kinds of movies. He would rather watch a show about the ocean, or space.

Don't worry, I am also one of those who has never seen HP movies. Just not my type of movie.

Your setup is very pretty. I can't wait to see him/her enjoying it.
The more I look at your gorgeous Betta, the more I want one :) (and this is coming from a non-fish person)
Thank you so much. This little tank is really neat. It is absolutely silent, the way the rocks are now..it isn't even making the water sound. There is a small LED that is upward, that if you do not block the center, it shines and dances on the ceiling with a shimmer. It is always on, so at night you have this small nightlight. It's very cool.
If you want to learn about keeping a Betta, let me know.:) They can have a lot of personality.

Last edited:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Oh..and also...Dumbledore might be well known by most of you, but really...listen to the name, it's not very masculine or even cool. I just hear the word D-U-M-B:rofl:...
I think this fish deserves a name that says I am awesome.;)

Blazeybird

Real Name
Houston
lol dumb... lol!

The movies, in all honesty, are not all that great. Not compared to the books anyways. But I understand not liking that kind of movie.

Onyxena

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Morgan
I have also kept bettas most of my life. They are so appealing and full of personality, I love their cocky little attitudes! I can't imagine not having a betta. When I went off to college I had to leave behind all my birds, horses, cats, dogs, and I went and got myself a betta so I would have a pet. I have raised them and collected many beautiful types in the past. Right now I have just a regular purply-red one my daughter chose and a halfmoon blue-white marble plakat. I really like the plakat types now. Even without all the fins, they are so sleek and elegant, tons af personality! I might have to get one of those little tanks too. My plakat guy is in a 5 G tank with some tetras and a black angel, my other one is in a little one gallon with a filter and light.
I can't wait to see your gorgeous boy in his new home!

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Marshmellow? Shogi? Dover?

Ginger

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I have also kept bettas most of my life. They are so appealing and full of personality, I love their cocky little attitudes! I can't imagine not having a betta. When I went off to college I had to leave behind all my birds, horses, cats, dogs, and I went and got myself a betta so I would have a pet. I have raised them and collected many beautiful types in the past. Right now I have just a regular purply-red one my daughter chose and a halfmoon blue-white marble plakat. I really like the plakat types now. Even without all the fins, they are so sleek and elegant, tons af personality! I might have to get one of those little tanks too. My plakat guy is in a 5 G tank with some tetras and a black angel, my other one is in a little one gallon with a filter and light.
I can't wait to see your gorgeous boy in his new home!
Thank you! That is great that you love and keep them too. I am like you, can't imagine not having one..though this has been a stretch between. The one thing about this tank, the stock light is not enough to keep plants, though bettas do not like a whole lot of light or flow, so good for them.

Marshmellow? Shogi? Dover?

Ginger
:lol: Think awesomeness Ginger!:lol:

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
How about Yul as in Yul Brynner who played the King of Siam. Or double meaning: Yule for Christmas fish.

Ginger

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Ribbon, Halo, Fleecy, Origami, Hemmingway, Tsunami.

Ginger

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Hmm..maybe something Christmas'y' would be cool.
Thanks for helping with names Ginger!:hug8:

Carmenellie

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Orleander- a white flower that represents beauty and grace

Asphodel- another white flower, but with a less happy meaning (regret, lassitude)

Edelweiss- a white flower of courage

Amaranth - expectation

:D

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
White Oleander~wicked movie!:eek:
:p

southernbirds

If he were a girl I would would call her LILY. What about Whitey or Santa for his white beard. Majestic or Magic or Comet for white light, or Stellar, Alabaster, What ere you thinking of calling him. Thai? That would be fitting?

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
If he were a girl I would would call her LILY. What about Whitey or Santa for his white beard. Majestic or Magic or Comet for white light, or Stellar, Alabaster, What ere you thinking of calling him. Thai? That would be fitting?
Thanks for more ideas Cherry. Not Thai, that was my last one.:( I am getting a female too, but Lily was the hussie I sent packing back to mousebirdland at Susanne's.:D

It's ok... I didn't know either....:lol::lol:
Yay..glad to know I am not alone.:p

southernbirds

Well, I have run out of names. But I'm sure that you do have one in mind and I can't wait to hear it:):)

Status
Not open for further replies.